Carlson Companies website: http://www.carlson.com
Author: Business for Social Responsibility (BSR)
"Global Business Coalition Against Human Trafficking Expands Scope and Steps Up Efforts to End Trafficking," 26 July 2017...
“Coalición mundial de negocios contra la trata de personas expande su alcance” – 2 de agosto de 2017...
USA: Corporate Equality Index scores record number of companies full marks for having inclusive policies for LGBT workers
Author: Télé Bruxelles (Belgique)
« 21 entreprises récompensées pour leur lutte contre la discrimination à l'embauche », 18 décemebre 2015...
Author: International Chamber of Commerce
A jury of Nobel peace and economics prize laureates selected this year’s recipients following a worldwide nomination process with more than 100 candidates…“The Business for Peace honourees are influential business leaders who, through their...
Author: UN Global Compact
Explores ten companies and how they deal with various human rights issues. Emphasizes the need for cohesive and sometimes over-arching corporate policies on human rights engagement. Fourth volume in the Embedding Human Rights in Business Practices...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on Children Latest news on conflict & peace UN Global Compact - human rights tools & guidance, local network activities
- Related companies: ANZ Bank Carlson Glencore Glencore Xstrata (now Glencore) Goldcorp ManpowerGroup Sakhalin Energy (joint venture Shell, Gazprom, Mitsui, & Mitsubishi) Talisman Telenor Xstrata (part of Glencore)
Best Practices to Combat Human Trafficking: Public/Private Partnerships - May 22, 2012 | 9 am - 11 am EDT
Author: Conference hosted by: Harvard Kennedy School’s Program on Human Trafficking and Modern Slavery, Ash Center for Democratic Governance and Innovation, UN Global Initiative to Fight Human Trafficking (UN.GIFT), UN Global Compact
Each panelist will make a brief presentation about their work in the field; following the panel presentations will be a moderated Question and Answer discussion...[Moderator: Shawn MacDonald, Verité; Panelists: Claudia Arthur-Flatz (UN Office on Drugs...
- Related companies: Carlson
[PDF] Press Release: As Eurovision Song Contest approaches, concerns about hidden cameras in Azerbaijan hotel rooms
Author: Compiled by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
Business & Human Rights Resource Centre sought responses from seven companies that operate leading hotels in Baku, Azerbaijan, about reports that hidden cameras have repeatedly been placed in hotel rooms in the country to record people having sex...
- Related stories: Concerns about hidden cameras in hotel rooms as Eurovision Song Contest approaches.
- Related companies: Carlson Excelsior Hotel Baku Hilton Hyatt Kempinski Hotels Radisson (part of Carlson) Ramada International (part of Wyndham) Sheraton (part of Starwood Hotels) Starwood Hotels Wyndham
In Advance of London Olympics, U.S. and U.K. Investors Ask Corporations to Step Up Anti-Trafficking and Slavery Efforts
Author: Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility [USA]
...[A] coalition of U.S. and U.K. investors and NGOs have united to call on corporations to strengthen their focus against human trafficking and modern slavery in advance of the 2012 Summer Olympic Games...The initiative focuses on the London tourism...
- Related stories: Investors call on Olympic sponsors, tourism sector to step up anti-trafficking, slavery efforts in advance of London Olympics
- Related companies: Accor adidas Arcelor Mittal Best Western BMW British Airways Carlson Choice Hotels Coca-Cola Hilton Hyatt InterContinental Hotels John Lewis (part of John Lewis Partnership) John Lewis Partnership Kraft Foods McDonald's Next Procter & Gamble Rio Tinto Sainsbury Samsung Starwood Hotels Thomas Cook Whitbread
The Tourism Child-Protection Code of Conduct is the only voluntary set of business principles travel and tour companies can implement to prevent child sex tourism and trafficking of children...Current U.S. signatories [as of 10 Jan 2011] include...