Headquarters in USA
Philippines: Commission on Human Rights sets preliminary conference on 11 December for case against 47 carbon producers
"ExxonMobil, Shell among companies told to attend human rights investigation over climate change", 20 October 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: Accountability: Loss & damage, litigation, shareholder activism Philippines: Commission on Human Rights' investigation of 47 fossil fuel companies' contribution to climate & human rights impacts
- Related companies: BHP Billiton BP Chevron ConocoPhillips ExxonMobil Shell Suncor Total
Author: Juliette Müller, Gauchebdo (Suisse)
La campagne pour mettre fin à l’impunité des sociétés transnationales (STN), qui regroupe près de 200 organisations de la société civile, appelle à la mobilisation du 23 au 27 octobre à Genève…Le but: peser sur les débats du Groupe de Travail...
- Related stories: 3e session du groupe de travail de l'ONU pour un traité contraignant sur les entreprises et les droits de l'homme (23-27 oct)
- Related in-depth areas: Dernières infos sur un traité contraignant Groupe de travail intergouvernemental Latest news on ISDS
- Related companies: Cargill Chevron Coca-Cola Valcambi Vattenfall
Author: Ross Kerber & Ernest Scheyder, Reuters
Shareholder activists will speak with Chevron Corp next week to request the energy giant use its influence with the government of Myanmar to press for a resolution of ethnic violence that has led to a refugee crisis...Azzad Asset Management [plan] to...
- Related stories: Investors urge Chevron to refrain from doing business with abusive govts. amid persecution of Rohingya in Myanmar
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Chevron
Author: Ucilia Wang, Climate Liability News
The Philippines’ Commission on Human Rights is investigating whether the collective contribution to global warming by 47 coal, cement, oil and gas companies has violated Filipinos’ basic rights to life, water, food, sanitation, adequate housing and...
Affected communities abandon court action in Brazil to enforce Ecuadorian judgment against Chevron over pollution
Author: Ted Folkman, Letters Blogatory
"Lago Agrio: LAPs [Lago Agrio Plaintiffs] Abandon Recognition and Enforcement Effort in Brazil", 25 Sep 2017...
USA: Cities of San Francisco & Oakland sue 5 oil companies over their alleged contribution to current & future impacts of sea level rise in California linked to climate change
Union of Concerned Scientists-led study quantifies impacts of emissions of major fossil fuel producers on global temperature & sea level rise
A Union of Concerned Scientists-led study released in September 2017 analyzes and quantifies the climate change impacts of carbon dioxide and methane emissions traced to specific fossil fuel companies. Based on an analysis of two time periods (1880 -...
- Related stories: Union of Concerned Scientists-led study quantifies impacts of emissions of major fossil fuel producers on global temperature & sea level rise
- This is a non response from the following companies: Chevron
Author: Sophie Chapelle, Basta! (France)
« Ouragans, inondations : des multinationales poursuivies en justice », 13 septembre 2017...