Headquarters in USA
Ecuadorian plaintiffs in lawsuit against Chevron over oil pollution plan to appeal in Canadian court
Author: Alex Robinson, Law Times (Canada)
"Plaintiffs plan to appeal Chevron decision", 13 Feb 2017...
US court grants discovery request of Cambodians seeking access to surveillance video from Chevron that may aid cases related to the killing of activist Kem Ley
Author: Jonathan Kaiman, Los Angeles Times
"A human rights activist is slain in Cambodia, and the mystery leads all the way to California", 10 Feb 2017...
Chevron response & statement on repeal of transparency regulations under US Dodd-Frank Act section 1504
Chevron’s long-standing commitment to promoting revenue transparency is best represented through our leadership in the Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (EITI). We support the disclosure of revenues received by governments and payments...
- Related stories: Publish What You Pay urges oil, gas & mining firms to support US law on disclosure of payments to govts. - statements of support by 12 firms
- This is a response from the following companies: Chevron
Publish What You Pay urges oil, gas & mining firms to support US law on disclosure of payments to govts. - statements of support by 13 firms
Business & Human Rights Resource Centre has invited 30 companies to respond to an open letter by Publish What You Pay coalitions and several of their member NGOs. The letter urges the 30 companies to issue statements in support of disclosure by...
Interview: Lawyer for Ecuadorian community in lawsuit against Chevron over oil pollution explains Canadian court's ruling & next steps
Author: Joe Emersberger, TeleSUR (Venezuela)
"Ecuadoreans' Legal Fight Against Chevron Continues in Canada", 2 Feb 2017...
Author: The New York Times
"Starbucks, Exxon, Apple: Companies Challenging (or Silent on) Trump’s Immigration Ban", 30 Jan 2017...
- Related stories: Trump's travel ban - how is business responding?
- Related companies: 21st Century Fox Airbnb Amazon.com Apple AT&T BlackRock Bloomberg Chevron Citibank (part of Citigroup) Coca-Cola Comcast ConocoPhillips Expedia ExxonMobil Facebook Fiat Chrysler Ford General Motors Goldman Sachs Google (part of Alphabet) Lyft Marathon Resources Microsoft Morgan Stanley New York Times Nike Procter & Gamble Sony Starbucks Target Time Warner Uber Verizon Walmart Walt Disney Wells Fargo
Investors urge Chevron to refrain from doing business with abusive govts. amid persecution of Rohingya in Myanmar
We invited Chevron to respond to the shareholder resolution and press release; its response is below.
Author: [opinion] Isabel Munilla, senior policy advisor for extractive industries - Oxfam America, in The Hill (USA)
...[You] might find it perplexing that scrapping an anti-corruption law is at the top of the congressional to-do list in Washington. But Congress will seek to do just that this week by voting to roll back rules to implement the landmark bipartisan...
- Related stories: Publish What You Pay urges oil, gas & mining firms to support US law on disclosure of payments to govts. - statements of support by 12 firms US Congress undoes Dodd-Frank regulations on extractive industry revenue transparency
- Related companies: BHP Billiton BNP Paribas BP Chevron ExxonMobil Gazprom Glencore ING Kosmos Energy Rio Tinto Rosneft Shell UBS
Commentary: Canadian judgment on Chevron oil pollution lawsuit was mix of good & bad for Ecuadorian community
Author: Aaron Marr Page, Forum Nobis PLLC on Huffington Post (USA)
"Can Chevron avoid paying clean-up costs by hiding behind shell companies? A Canadian judge seems to think that’s just fine...", 25 Jan 2017...