Headquarters in USA
Ecuadorian people affected by Chevron’s oil pollution continue to seek justice in other countries after US Supreme Court decision
"Washing Hands of US Supreme Court, Ecuador's Amazon Chevron Victims Seek Justice Abroad", 22 Jun 2017...
- Related stories: Texaco/Chevron lawsuits (re Ecuador) US Supreme Court declines to review judgment obtained by Chevron against lawyer of community seeking enforcement of Ecuadorian $9 billion oil pollution decision
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Chevron Texaco (part of Chevron)
US Supreme Court declines to review judgment obtained by Chevron against lawyer of community seeking enforcement of Ecuadorian $9 billion oil pollution decision
To increase accountability & access to remedy, govts. should address negative impact of Investor-State Dispute Settlement mechanism on human rights, say NGOs
Author: ICAR & SOMO
"Investment-related Dispute Settlement: Towards Comprehensive Accountability and Inclusive Access to Remedy", Jun 2017...
Canada: Experts predict a coming era of litigation against govt., oil & gas companies over alleged inaction on climate change
Author: Alex Ballingall, Star (Canada)
"Could governments and oil companies get sued for inaction on climate change?", 23 May 2017...
Author: L'Obs (France)
« Climat : Tesla, Disney... Les grands patrons américains prêts à défier Trump », 2 juin 2017...
- Related stories: Retrait des Etats-Unis de l’accord de Paris: les grandes entreprises américaines critiquent la décision et réaffirment leur engagement en faveur du climat
- Related companies: Business Roundtable Chevron ExxonMobil General Electric General Motors Goldman Sachs Tesla Motors Walt Disney
US Supreme Court asked to consider Chevron's racketeering lawsuit against lawyer acting on behalf of Ecuadorian community over oil pollution
Author: Ross Kerber, Reuters (UK)
[Shareholder climate activists] ranging from giant New York and California state pension funds to Wespath Investment Management of Illinois scored a number of victories this month [including] a resolution at PPL Corp...[and] Occidental Petroleum Corp....
- Related stories: USA: Shareholders vote to make ExxonMobil more transparent about the impacts of climate change on its business
- Related companies: Anadarko BlackRock Chevron Occidental Petroleum
Author: Kathy Mulvey, Union of Concerned Scientists, on EcoWatch (USA)
In preparation for their annual meetings on May 31, both Chevron and ExxonMobil opposed every climate-related resolution put forth by their shareholders...Now the proponents of a shareholder resolution calling for Chevron to publish an annual...