Headquarters in USA
Commentary: Canadian companies are increasingly at risk from lawsuits over human rights abuses of foreign subsidiaries
Author: Miles F. Pittman & Rick Williams, Borden Ladner Gervais LLP, on Mondaq
"Canada: Canadian Companies And The Effects Of Foreign Operations – Out Of Sight, Front Of Mind", 27 Mar 2017...
Chevron warns it could face climate change lawsuits & regulations could render future oil drilling "economically infeasible"
Author: Ian Johnston, Independent (UK)
3 Mar 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: Accountability: Loss & damage, litigation, shareholder activism Latest Legal News Mitigation
- Related companies: Chevron
Author: Corporate Human Rights Benchmark Limited (CHRB Ltd)
The Corporate Human Rights Benchmark Key Findings Report was released 13 Mar 17....
- Related stories: Corporate Human Rights Benchmark releases ranking results on human rights performance of 98 companies
- Related companies: adidas AEON Anadarko Anglo American Anheuser-Busch InBev Archer Daniels Midland Associated British Foods BHP Billiton BP BRF Canadian Natural Resources Carrefour Chevron China Petroleum & Chemical (see Sinopec) China Shenhua Energy (part of Shenhua Group) CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) Coach Coal India (CIL) Coca-Cola Compass Group ConocoPhillips Costco Couche-Tard Danone Devon Energy Diageo Dior (part of LVMH) Ecopetrol Eni EOG Resources ExxonMobil Falabella Fast Retailing Freeport-McMoRan Gap Gazprom General Mills Glencore Goldcorp Grupo México Hanesbrands Heilan Home Heineken Hennes & Mauritz (see H&M) Hermes Hershey Inditex Kellogg Kering Kohl's Kraft Heinz Kroger Kweichow Moutai Company L Brands, Inc. Lukoil Macy's Marathon Oil Marks & Spencer McDonald's Mondelēz International Nestlé Next Nike Nordstrom Norilsk Nickel Occidental Petroleum Oil & Natural Gas Corporation (see ONGC) PepsiCo Pernod Ricard Petrobras PetroChina (part of China National Petroleum Corporation) Phillips 66 Prada PTT Repsol Rio Tinto Rosneft Ross Stores Royal Dutch / Shell (see Shell) Sasol Shoprite Starbucks Statoil Suncor Surgutneftegas Sysco Target Tesco TJX Total Under Armour Unilever Vale Valero Energy VF Corp Walmart Woolworths Group Woolworths Limited YUM!
Proposed businesses & human rights treaty could be used to establish binding obligations on states to reform intl. investment agreements, says academic
Ecuadorian plaintiffs in lawsuit against Chevron over oil pollution plan to appeal in Canadian court
Author: Alex Robinson, Law Times (Canada)
"Plaintiffs plan to appeal Chevron decision", 13 Feb 2017...
US court grants discovery request of Cambodians seeking access to surveillance video from Chevron that may aid cases related to the killing of activist Kem Ley
Author: Jonathan Kaiman, Los Angeles Times
"A human rights activist is slain in Cambodia, and the mystery leads all the way to California", 10 Feb 2017...
Chevron response & statement on repeal of transparency regulations under US Dodd-Frank Act section 1504
Chevron’s long-standing commitment to promoting revenue transparency is best represented through our leadership in the Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (EITI). We support the disclosure of revenues received by governments and payments...
- Related stories: Publish What You Pay urges oil, gas & mining firms to support US law on disclosure of payments to govts. - statements of support by 12 firms
- This is a response from the following companies: Chevron
Publish What You Pay urges oil, gas & mining firms to support US law on disclosure of payments to govts. - statements of support by 13 firms
Business & Human Rights Resource Centre has invited 30 companies to respond to an open letter by Publish What You Pay coalitions and several of their member NGOs. The letter urges the 30 companies to issue statements in support of disclosure by...