Headquarters in USA
USA: 3 Californian communities sue 37 “carbon majors” seeking compensation for costs of adapting to sea level rises linked to climate change
Commentary: California should address climate impact of Chinese investments in the Amazon, as it becomes China's partner on climate action
Author: Leila Salazar-López, Amazon Watch
"What China and California have in common — the Amazon?", 14 Jun 2017...
Nigeria: Chevron allegedly orders soldiers & policemen to manhandle protesters at the company's Warri office; protesters say they wanted to engage company on labour issues
Author: Matthew Omonigho, Daily Post (Nigeria)
"Chevron allegedly orders security men to manhandle Delta protesters to quash protest in Warri", 28 June 2017...
- Related companies: Chevron
Ecuadorian people affected by Chevron’s oil pollution continue to seek justice in other countries after US Supreme Court decision
"Washing Hands of US Supreme Court, Ecuador's Amazon Chevron Victims Seek Justice Abroad", 22 Jun 2017...
- Related stories: Texaco/Chevron lawsuits (re Ecuador) US Supreme Court declines to review judgment obtained by Chevron against lawyer of community seeking enforcement of Ecuadorian $9 billion oil pollution decision
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Chevron Texaco (part of Chevron)
US Supreme Court declines to review judgment obtained by Chevron against lawyer of community seeking enforcement of Ecuadorian $9 billion oil pollution decision
To increase accountability & access to remedy, govts. should address negative impact of Investor-State Dispute Settlement mechanism on human rights, say NGOs
Author: ICAR & SOMO
"Investment-related Dispute Settlement: Towards Comprehensive Accountability and Inclusive Access to Remedy", Jun 2017...
Canada: Experts predict a coming era of litigation against govt., oil & gas companies over alleged inaction on climate change
Author: Alex Ballingall, Star (Canada)
"Could governments and oil companies get sued for inaction on climate change?", 23 May 2017...
Author: L'Obs (France)
« Climat : Tesla, Disney... Les grands patrons américains prêts à défier Trump », 2 juin 2017...
- Related stories: Retrait des Etats-Unis de l’accord de Paris: les grandes entreprises américaines critiquent la décision et réaffirment leur engagement en faveur du climat
- Related companies: Business Roundtable Chevron ExxonMobil General Electric General Motors Goldman Sachs Tesla Motors Walt Disney