Headquarters in USA
Author: Mindy Lubber, Forbes
...That’s why Ceres [Investor Network on Climate Risk and Sustainability] and six other organizations from around the world debuted The Investor Agenda...This comprehensive agenda provides a menu of options for investors to take in four key focus...
- Related stories: New initiative encourages investor leadership on climate issues
- Related in-depth areas: Accountability: Loss & damage, litigation, shareholder activism Mitigation
- Related companies: Bank of America BlackRock Citigroup ExxonMobil Fidelity Investments Goldman Sachs JPMorgan Chase Norges Bank Investment Management (NBIM) Occidental Petroleum State Street Vanguard
BankTrack paper explores responsibilities of banks allegedly contributing to human rights violations through finance
In this briefing paper, BankTrack examines whether private sector banks may have contributed to adverse human rights impacts through their provision of finance. The paper explores eight cases of human rights abuses and the relationship and...
...We have had a public commitment to respect human rights since 2007, when Citi became the first major U.S. based bank to issue a Statement on Human Rights... Before making a financing decision, we assess the potential impacts and work with our...
- Related stories: BankTrack paper explores responsibilities of banks allegedly contributing to human rights violations through finance
- This is a response from the following companies: Citigroup
Mazars & Shift launch assurance guidance to help assess companies' human rights performance & reporting
Following several years of development, Mazars and Shift launch Assurance Guidance on human rights, intended to help internal auditors and external assurance providers assess companies’ human rights performance and reporting. [refers to Citigroup, H...
Author: Fiona Harvey, The Guardian (UK)
Some of the world's top banks are continuing to lend tens of billions for extracting the most carbon-intensive fossil fuels, according to a report of top lenders [by Rainforest Action Network, Banktrack, Sierra Club, Oilchange International.]...The...
- Related in-depth areas: Mitigation
- Related companies: Agricultural Bank of China ANZ Bank Bank of America Bank of China Bank of Montreal Bank of Nova Scotia Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ (part of Mitsubishi UFJ) Barclays BNP Paribas Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) China Construction Bank Citigroup Commonwealth Bank Crédit Agricole Credit Suisse Deutsche Bank Goldman Sachs HSBC Industrial & Commercial Bank of China ING Bank JPMorgan Chase Mizuho Financial Group Morgan Stanley National Australia Bank Natixis PNC Financial Services Royal Bank of Canada Royal Bank of Scotland Santander SMBC Nikko Securities Société Générale Standard Chartered Toronto-Dominion Bank UBS UniCredit Bulbank Wells Fargo Westpac
Norway's sovereign wealth fund will ask banks in which it has invested to disclose how their lending contributes to greenhouse gas emissions
Author: Gwladys Fouche, Thomson Reuters Foundation
Norway's $960 billion sovereign wealth fund will ask the banks in which it has invested to disclose how their lending contributes to greenhouse gas emissions, its chief executive told Reuters on Friday. The world's largest wealth fund...has in the...
USA: Environmental NGOs criticise banks' funding of Dakota Access Pipeline, concerned about pollution, indigenous rights
Through the controversy over the Dakota Access Pipeline, NGOs have questioned the role of banks in financing the pipeline's construction and the companies developing it. In February 2016, after the US Government issued final permits for the pipeline...