10 food & beverage companies recognise importance of sustainable agriculture to develop climate resilience
Author: Sara Sciammacco, Ceres
"Global Food and Beverage Executives Call for Action on Climate and Food Security at COP22", 17 Nov 2016...
Author: Peyton Fleming, Ceres
"Symantec, Levi Strauss & Co., Mars, Dignity Health, and Autodesk Join Dozens of Companies Supporting California’s Sweeping Climate Change Bills," 25 Aug 2015...
Author: Elsa Wenzel, GreenBiz
Among hundreds of corporations backing COP21 climate actions, few are trekking to Paris, instead backing blockbuster commitments or coalitions to represent them…Here are some of the bulkiest groups…Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates is teaming up with...
- Related in-depth areas: Mitigation
- Related companies: ABB Abengoa Alcoa Alibaba.com Alphabet Alstom Amazon.com Anglo American Apple AT&T Bank of America Ben & Jerry's (part of Unilever) BG Group (part of Shell) BHP Billiton BP BT Calpine Clif Bar Coca-Cola Commerzbank Dow Chemical Eni Facebook General Mills General Motors Glencore Goldman Sachs Google (part of Alphabet) H&M Hershey Honda HP (Hewlett-Packard) IKEA Intel JPMorgan Chase Kellogg KPN LafargeHolcim Levi Strauss Mars McDonald's Microsoft Monsanto Morgan Stanley National Grid Nestlé Pemex PepsiCo PG&E Reed Elsevier Group Reliance Industries Repsol Rio Tinto Royal Philips Electronics Salesforce.com Saudi Aramco Schneider Electric Shell Siemens Starbucks Statoil Stonyfield Farm Suez Swiss Re Total Unilever UPS Virgin Group Wells Fargo Xerox
Author: Ben & Jerry's, Clif Bar, Danone, General Mills, Kellogg, Mars, Nestlé, New Belgium Brewing, Stonyfield Farm, Unilever
As heads of some of the world’s largest food companies, we have come together today to call out [the] opportunity [to take action at Paris COP-21 that could change our world for the better]...Climate change is bad for farmers and for agriculture....
Tackling climate change is one of America's greatest economic opportunities of the 21st century (and it's simply the right thing to do).
Author: Business for Innovative Climate and Energy (BICEP)
The very foundation of our country is based on fighting for our freedoms and ensuring the health and prosperity of our state, our community, and our families. Today those things are threatened by a changing climate that most scientists agree is being...
- Related stories: 33 major companies sign declaration calling on US Govt. to implement national strategy to combat climate change
- Related companies: adidas Ben & Jerry's (part of Unilever) Clif Bar eBay Eileen Fisher Intel KB Home Levi Strauss Nestlé Patagonia Seventh Generation Stonyfield Farm Swiss Re Symantec Unilever United Natural Foods (UNFI)
More than two dozen of the United States' most prominent...companies sent a letter to President Obama today urging...[him] to take a leadership role when he arrives in Copenhagen...and secure a robust international climate agreement. "This agreement...
- Related stories: 28 major US companies call on Obama to lead push at Copenhagen for targeted emissions cuts & finance from rich countries
- Related companies: Ben & Jerry's (part of Unilever) Clif Bar Dow Chemical eBay Eileen Fisher Gap Ingersoll-Rand Levi Strauss Microsoft Nike North Face (part of VF Corp) PG&E Public Service Enterprise Group Seventh Generation Starbucks Stonyfield Farm Sun Microsystems Symantec Timberland Unilever
Author: Kate McMahon, WireTap, on AlterNet [USA]
This Halloween, know where your chocolate comes from. Here's your guide to ensuring that your treats weren't produced by enslaved children... On the Ivory Coast of Africa, the origin of nearly half of the world's cocoa, hundreds of thousands of...
Business Ethics magazine has named Gap, Dell, Clif Bar, and two other companies as winners of its annual Business Ethics Awards. [also refers to Chroma Technology, King Arthur Flour]
Clif Bar Inc. Expands Fight Against Global Warming - Efforts Include New Partnership with Undoit.org
Author: Clif Bar Inc.
Clif Bar Inc. announced today it is partnering with Undoit.org to help educate the public about global warming and encourage passage of federal legislation that would limit greenhouse gas emissions. The company also will increase its own efforts to...
- Related companies: Clif Bar