CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation)
Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in China
CNOOC website: www.cnoocltd.com
Author: Simon Billenness, Executive Director of the International Campaign for the Rohingya (USA)
A group of investors and stakeholders has called on energy companies doing business in Myanmar/Burma to reassess their dealings in light of that country’s brutal military crackdown on its ethnic Rohingya minority... [L]etters signed by 31 investor...
- Related stories: Myanmar: Businesses increasingly expressing and urged to voice concern over situation in Rakhine state
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) Daewoo Group PetroChina (part of China National Petroleum Corporation) Petronas Total Woodside
NGOs call for public participation & compensation of communities to be displaced for Uganda-Tanzania oil pipeline
Representatives of civil society organisations from Tanzania and Uganda have called for fair compensation of communities to be displaced by the Uganda-Tanzania oil pipeline construction. They have also called on the involvement of local communities in...
Uganda: Oxfam urges fair compensation for locals who will be displaced for oil-pipeline construction
Author: Fred Ojambo, Bloomberg
"Oxfam Urges Fair Compensation for Ugandan Oil-Pipeline Land"...
Author: Economía El País
“China profundiza su apuesta por América Latina”...
- Related in-depth areas: Chinese investment overseas
- Related companies: China Minmetals China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) China Three Gorges Corporation CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) Minerals and Metals Group (MMG) (part of China Minmetals) Sinochem Sinopec State Grid Corporation of China WISCO (Wuhan Iron & Steel)
Author: Corporate Human Rights Benchmark Limited (CHRB Ltd)
The Corporate Human Rights Benchmark Key Findings Report was released 13 Mar 17....
- Related stories: Corporate Human Rights Benchmark releases ranking results on human rights performance of 98 companies
- Related companies: adidas AEON Anadarko Anglo American Anheuser-Busch InBev Archer Daniels Midland Associated British Foods BHP Billiton BP BRF Canadian Natural Resources Carrefour Chevron China Petroleum & Chemical (see Sinopec) China Shenhua Energy (part of Shenhua Group) CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) Coach Coal India (CIL) Coca-Cola Compass Group ConocoPhillips Costco Couche-Tard Danone Devon Energy Diageo Dior (part of LVMH) Ecopetrol Eni EOG Resources ExxonMobil Falabella Fast Retailing Freeport-McMoRan Gap Gazprom General Mills Glencore Goldcorp Grupo México Hanesbrands Heilan Home Heineken Hennes & Mauritz (see H&M) Hermes Hershey Inditex Kellogg Kering Kohl's Kraft Heinz Kroger Kweichow Moutai Company L Brands, Inc. Lukoil Macy's Marathon Oil Marks & Spencer McDonald's Mondelēz International Nestlé Next Nike Nordstrom Norilsk Nickel Occidental Petroleum Oil & Natural Gas Corporation (see ONGC) PepsiCo Pernod Ricard Petrobras PetroChina (part of China National Petroleum Corporation) Phillips 66 Prada PTT Repsol Rio Tinto Rosneft Ross Stores Royal Dutch / Shell (see Shell) Sasol Shoprite Starbucks Statoil Suncor Surgutneftegas Sysco Target Tesco TJX Total Under Armour Unilever Vale Valero Energy VF Corp Walmart Woolworths Group Woolworths Limited YUM!
Uganda: Local community in oil-rich area appeals for information on oil companies' activities ahead commercial production
Author: Thembo Kahungu, Uganda Radio Network
"Bunyoro Calls For Transperency Ahead Of Oil Production"...
Uganda: Report on corporate accountability calls for business operations that is "consistent and promotes human rights"; includes companies comments
The Uganda Consortium on Corporate Accountability recently released a report on "The State of Corporate Accountability in Uganda". The report documents the human rights impacts of business operations on communities in the oil exploration and mining...