Communications Assistant - Asia
- Location: Hong Kong (with occasional travel to China)
- Closing Date: 26/08/2016
ICTI CARE seeks to appoint a Communications Assistant to support our busy communications team in Asia, helping to raise our profile amongst external stakeholders and improve internal communication.
The role requires fluency in English, Cantonese, and Mandarin, as well as excellent written and verbal communications skills. The role would suit a recent graduate looking to build a career in marketing and communications, and gain experience of working in Corporate Social Responsibility and Responsible Sourcing.
ICTI CARE was established in 2004 to protect workers involved in toy manufacturing and to help manufacturers increase their understanding and capability in regard to meeting the international standards required by their buyers. We are 100% committed to promoting safe and fair working conditions throughout the toy industry supply chain. Our first priority is always the safety and well-being of workers. We work with thousands of brands, retailers, suppliers and other civil society groups to monitor, manage and fix social sustainability issues in the toy industry supply chain across the world and to protect and improve labor standards. Over 1,100 toy factories, located in 12 countries, are ICTI CARE Certified, representing more than 600,000 workers. Our Committed Brands PLUS program offers toy and entertainment brands a range of tools and support for responsible sourcing.
The Communications Assistant – Asia will work with the Communications Manager and other members of ICTI CARE’s global communications to support the implementation of the global communications plan. The Communications Assistant will play a specific role in improving communications with factories in Asia.
- Translating website copy, marketing material, announcements, and resources from between English and Chinese
- Research and draft online copy (including website copy, blog, articles, reports), collating amendments from colleagues and wider stakeholders
- Support the Communications Manager – Asia, with management and updates of the ICTI CARE website, using the content management system to ensure the website is kept up-to-date in both English and Chinese
- Assist with the management and coordinating of external and in-house events in the Asia region
- Support the production and distribution of marketing materials including e-newsletters, including translating content and sourcing images
- Support internal communications, working closely with technical teams in Shenzhen to improve communications with factories
- Help implement our social media strategy and support the day to day management of social media profiles
- Provide support in the organization of internal and external capacity building projects in Hong Kong/PRC/Overseas
- Prepare tracking documents and update tracking tools regularly
- Provide logistical and secretarial support to the department
- Other duties as assigned
Skills & Experience
- Degree holder in Corporate Social Responsibility/ Social Science/ Communications or related discipline
- Can-do attitude, self-motivated, high ethical standards, energetic and drive to achieve impact
- Team orientated with excellent communications skills and ability to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Knowledge of / interest in sustainability or corporate social responsibility required
- Attention to details and good organizational, coordination and planning skills
- Proficiency in MS office applications, knowledge in graphic design will be an advance
- Fluency in written and spoken English, Mandarin, and Cantonese
Please send a CV and cover letter outlining how you meet the above job requirements and why you want to join our team at ICTI CARE. Applications and other inquiries can be sent to [email protected] Closing date for applications 26 Aug 2016.