Company advances on human rights
Below are examples of practical steps companies are taking on human rights in their own operations and in their engagement with governments, from March 2015 onwards. Items from 2011-2015 are in the process of being added to this section.
For examples prior to 2011, see our categories on "Support for initiatives promoting civil & political rights" and "Support for initiatives promoting economic, social and cultural rights".
Related stories and components
Author: Patrick McGee, Financial Times
“German billionaire rallies business to migrant cause”, 8 January 2017...
"Google set to reach 100& renewable electricity," 6 Dec 2016...
Author: B Team
"New Report: Refugees are an Opportunity for Humanity", 10 Dec 2016...
Author: Corinne Joiris, dans Miroir Social (France)
« Les démarches novatrices des assureurs canadiens en prévention de santé », 20 décembre 2016...
- Related companies: Sun Life Financial
Author: Nick Statt, Verge (USA)
Apple, Google, and Uber join list of tech companies refusing to build Muslim registry, 16 Dec 2016...
- Related stories: Positive action by companies to protect civic freedoms Tech firms confront growing challenges from govts. over online freedom of expression USA: Tech companies say they would oppose Trump's proposed Muslim immigrant registry Show moreShow less
- Related companies: Alphabet Apple Facebook Google (part of Alphabet) Lyft Microsoft Oracle Twitter Uber
Author: Eric March, Upworthy
“A spice company CEO took a stand against bigotry. It turned out to be good for business”, 2 December 2016...
- Related stories: Positive action by companies to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: 3M Kellogg Vanguard
Tech giants pledge to keep children out of cobalt mines that supply smartphone and electric-car batteries
Author: Peter Whoriskey and Todd C. Frankel, Washington Post
Separate groups of the world’s leading technology companies are launching two initiatives to curb “the worst forms of child labor” and other abusive practices in the supply chain for cobalt, a key ingredient in lithium-ion batteries that power...