Selected company reports
This is a selection of “good practice” company reports with substantive coverage of human rights issues, recommended to the Resource Centre by a range of experts. The reports are included for their strong references to some or all of the following:
- Practical implementation
- Policies & management systems
- Specific challenges & limitations
- Commitments & targets for future improvement
- Monitoring & verification, involvement of external stakeholders
- Management of human rights & environmental issues in the supply chain
This is not a comprehensive list of good corporate human rights reports. Reports are included in this section without any judgment on the actual human rights performance of each company.
Related stories and components
LPHR statement on G4S' striking omission of adverse human rights findings in its latest CSR report ahead of its Annual General Meeting
Author: Lawyers for Palestinian Human Rights, London
In the run up to the G4S Annual General Meeting taking place on 25 May 2017, LPHR notes the striking omission in G4S' latest corporate social responsibility report to any reference to the UK National Contact Point's (UK NCP) critical Follow-Up...
Study reveals low level of human rights performance disclosure in mining, energy & financial sectors
Author: Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) & Centro Vincular-PUCV
“Shining a light on human rights: corporate human rights performance disclosure in the mining, energy and financial sectors”, 7 December 2016...
The 10 largest information and communications technology (ICT) companies in the world by the FT500 are now in the UN Guiding Principles Reporting Database. The companies include Apple, AT&T, China Mobile, Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Oracle,...
So. Africa: Study finds that many companies listed on JSE's Sustainability Index flout environmental laws
Author: Alide Dasnois, GroundUp
'Some of SA's top companies are quietly breaking the law', 8 Sep 2015: Some of the top companies on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange are flouting environmental laws and not telling their shareholders, according to a study by the Centre for...
Author: Price Waterhouse Coopers Pvt. Ltd.
SEBI’s regulation in 2012 mandating the top 100 listed companies to report on their performance on the Business Responsibility Guidelines through Business Responsibility Reports (BRRs), along with their Annual Reports...The report sets out to document...
- Related companies: ABB ACC Limited (Associated Cement Companies) Aditya Birla Group Asian Paints Bajaj Auto Bharti Airtel Bosch Cairn Energy Canara Bank Cipla Coal India (CIL) Colgate-Palmolive Cummins Exide GAIL (Gas Authority of India Ltd.) GlaxoSmithKline Gujarat Ambuja Cements HDFC Hero Honda Hindalco (part of Aditya Birla Group) Hindustan Unilever ICICI Indian Oil Corporation Infosys Jindal Larsen & Toubro Lupin Mahindra & Mahindra Maruti Suzuki (part of Suzuki) Nestlé NHPC (National Hydroelectric Power Corporation - India) NTPC ONGC (Oil & Natural Gas Corporation) Oracle Ranbaxy Laboratories Reliance ADA Reliance Industries Shree Cement Siemens State Bank of India Suzuki Tata Consultancy Services (part of Tata Group) Tata Group Tata Iron and Steel (TISCO) (part of Tata Group) Tata Motors (part of Tata Group) Tata Steel (see Tata Iron and Steel) Titan Industries (joint venture Tata Group & Tamil Nadu Industrial Development Corporation) Wipro Yes Bank Zee Zydus Cadila
"Microsoft 2014 Citizenship Report", Oct 2014...