- Israel & Palestine: Veolia Transportation says it has stopped operating Modi'in bus network that serves Israeli settlements in West Bank, Who Profits, Aug 2013
- Can air cargo carriers be forced to choose between arms and aid?, Reuters, 21 Apr 2010
- SOMO report alleging that ten largest car manufacturers do not assess use of conflict minerals and company responsesFeb 2010
- Alstom, Veolia in legal muddle
Abbas Al Lawati, Gulf News, 25 Dec 2009
- Car maker calls for release of Aung San Suu Kyi
Relax News, Independent (UK), 5 Dec 2009
- Secrets of CIA 'ghost flights' to be revealed
Observer (UK), 26 Jul 2009
- Government Condemns British Aviation Company for Fueling Congo’s War
Rights & Accountability in Development (RAID), 21 Jul 2008
- PLO disputes Jerusalem rail plan
Rory McCarthy & Angelique Chrisafis, Guardian (UK), 26 Oct 2007
- Indian helicopters for Myanmar: making a mockery of the EU arms embargo?
Amnesty International, Saferworld, 16 Jul 2007
- Ethiopian Airlines - The Purse of Ethiopia's Dictatorship [and company response]
Mathaba.Net, 20 Jun 2007
- British-based airline fuelled Congo terror
Jon Swain and Brian Johnson-Thomas, Sunday Times (UK), 3 Jul 2005
Related stories and components
USA: Labour board rules employer who told workers having a union could hurt its business was making a "veiled threat"
Author: Sean Higgigs, Washington Examiner (USA)
"Labor board: Employer cannot say union could hurt business" 6 Aug 2015...
Author: Who Profits
Veolia Transportation Israel (Connex Israel) has terminated its operations of the Modi'in bus network...which serve Israeli settlements in the West Bank and run along the apartheid road 443. However, the company continues to operate regular bus...
- Related stories: Israel & Palestine: Veolia Transportation says it has stopped operating Modi'in bus network that serves Israeli settlements in West Bank
- Related in-depth areas: Israel & Palestine Latest news on conflict & peace Transport
- Related companies: Connex (part of Veolia Environnement) Veolia Environnement (formerly Vivendi) Veolia Transport (part of Veolia Environnement)
Author: Katie Nguyen, Reuters
As if getting relief supplies to conflict zones isn't hard enough, there's always a risk the air charter company you've hired is also involved in a spot of weapons smuggling…Last year, the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI)...
Author: Abbas Al Lawati, Gulf News
Two French transport giants Veolia and Alstom could face trial in France over their involvement in the Jerusalem Light Rail project…Campaigners against the two companies have won a major step in a legal battle in France...Alstom was unsuccessful in...
Author: Relax News, in Independent [UK]
A major car manufacturer [Chrysler] has aired a hard-hitting advert in the United States calling for the release of Burmese pro-democracy figure Aung San Suu Kyi...Chrysler's president Oliver Francois [said] "For Chrysler, this is a chance to use our...
Author: Observer [UK]
Confidential documents showing the flight plans of a CIA "ghost plane" allegedly used to transfer a British resident to secret interrogation sites around the world are to be made public. The move comes after a…company accused of involvement in...
- Related stories: Jeppesen lawsuit (re extraordinary rendition flights)
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News Transport
- Related companies: Boeing Jeppesen (part of Boeing)
Author: Campagne Civile Internationale pour la Protection du Peuple Palestinien
...février 2007, l’Association France Palestine Solidarité (AFPS) a fait assigner les Sociétés Veolia Transport et Alstom devant le Tribunal de Grande Instance de Nanterre afin de faire reconnaître le caractère illicite [de leur] contrat...avec le...
Author: Rights & Accountability in Development (RAID)
The British Government has found DAS Air, a UK-based air cargo company, in breach of the OECD Guidelines on corporate conduct for its part in transporting minerals from rebel-held areas of the Eastern Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC). Rights...
Author: Rory McCarthy & Angelique Chrisafis, Guardian [UK]
The Palestinians have begun legal action against two prominent French companies [Alstom, which will provide the train carriages, and Veolia Transport, the public transport operator] in an attempt to stop work on a contested light-railway project in...
- Related stories: France: Palestinians sue two companies, arguing Jerusalem railway breaches 4th Geneva convention Veolia & Alstom lawsuit (re Jerusalem rail project)
- Related in-depth areas: Résumé du procès Veolia & Alstom (projet de tramway de Jérusalem) Transport
- Related companies: Alstom Veolia Environnement (formerly Vivendi) Veolia Transport (part of Veolia Environnement)
Author: Délégation générale de Palestine en France
L’Organisation de Libération de la Palestine (O.L.P.)…vient de décider d’intervenir au procès engagé contre les sociétés Alstom et Véolia Transport par l’Association France Palestine Solidarité devant le Tribunal de Grande Instance de Nanterre aux...
- Related stories: France: Palestinians sue two companies, arguing Jerusalem railway breaches 4th Geneva convention
- Related in-depth areas: Other authors, including governments Transports
- Related companies: Alstom Veolia Environnement (formerly Vivendi)