Headquarters in USA
Supporter of Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative
Author: Claus Hulverscheidt, Süddeutsche
"Wie die US-Wirtschaftsbosse für den Klimaschutz kämpfen", 2 Juni 2017...
Nigeria: Bayelsa community protests at Eni's facility; says company has "not paid any royalties since the beginning of oil exploration there over 40 years ago" - Includes company response
The community of Egebekiri in Bayelsa State in April protested alleged neglect by the Nigerian Agip Oil Company (NAOC), a subsidiary of Italian company, Eni. Community members protested at Agip’s Obama Flow Station, disrupting production. Chief...
Corporate Legal Accountability Annual Briefing - Corporate impunity is common & remedy for victims is rare
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
This year’s Annual Briefing highlights the rising impunity of companies’ involvement in human rights abuse...Unscrupulous companies are increasingly targeting activists, using the justice system to hold them accountable, with repression and lawsuits. ...
- Related stories: New briefing on legal accountability: Corporate impunity is common & remedy for victims is rare
- Related in-depth areas: Corporate Legal Accountability Annual Briefings Latest Legal News
- Related companies: adidas Arcelor Mittal Cerrejón Coal (joint venture Anglo American, BHP Billiton, Glencore) Chiquita ConocoPhillips DJ Houghton Dow Chemical Drummond Eternit (Switzerland) ExxonMobil Ford Kappes, Cassiday & Associates KiK Lafarge (part of LafargeHolcim) LafargeHolcim Lahmeyer Mineral Commodities (MRC) Natural Fruit Nestlé Nevsun RWE Shell Socfin Tiffany Titan Cement Trafigura Beheer Union Carbide (part of Dow) Villaggio Mall Vinci
Author: Lucie Robequain, Les Echos (France)
« Climat : les entreprises américaines entre petits calculs et actions sincères », 11 avril 2017...
Author: Corporación Colectivo de Abogados Luis Carlos Pérez
“Tribunal administrativo de Santander admite primera acción popular en Colombia por impactos técnica fracking San Martín Cesar” – 29 de marzo de 2017...
Author: Corporate Human Rights Benchmark Limited (CHRB Ltd)
The Corporate Human Rights Benchmark Key Findings Report was released 13 Mar 17....
- Related stories: Corporate Human Rights Benchmark releases ranking results on human rights performance of 98 companies
- Related companies: adidas AEON Anadarko Anglo American Anheuser-Busch InBev Archer Daniels Midland Associated British Foods BHP Billiton BP BRF Canadian Natural Resources Carrefour Chevron China Petroleum & Chemical (see Sinopec) China Shenhua Energy (part of Shenhua Group) CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) Coach Coal India (CIL) Coca-Cola Compass Group ConocoPhillips Costco Couche-Tard Danone Devon Energy Diageo Dior (part of LVMH) Ecopetrol Eni EOG Resources ExxonMobil Falabella Fast Retailing Freeport-McMoRan Gap Gazprom General Mills Glencore Goldcorp Grupo México Hanesbrands Heilan Home Heineken Hennes & Mauritz (see H&M) Hermes Hershey Inditex Kellogg Kering Kohl's Kraft Heinz Kroger Kweichow Moutai Company L Brands, Inc. Lukoil Macy's Marathon Oil Marks & Spencer McDonald's Mondelēz International Nestlé Next Nike Nordstrom Norilsk Nickel Occidental Petroleum Oil & Natural Gas Corporation (see ONGC) PepsiCo Pernod Ricard Petrobras PetroChina (part of China National Petroleum Corporation) Phillips 66 Prada PTT Repsol Rio Tinto Rosneft Ross Stores Royal Dutch / Shell (see Shell) Sasol Shoprite Starbucks Statoil Suncor Surgutneftegas Sysco Target Tesco TJX Total Under Armour Unilever Vale Valero Energy VF Corp Walmart Woolworths Group Woolworths Limited YUM!
Colombia: NGO defending land, water says they have been intimidated & harassed over their opposition to “fracking” in Cesar
“Colombian activists: ‘We are paying with our lives to defend water’”...