Headquarters in USA
Supporter of Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative
Petitioners in Philippines continue efforts to hold "carbon majors" accountable for negative impacts of climate change on human rights
Author: Geoff Dembicki, VICE
"The Woman Going After Big Energy for the Typhoon that Killed her Family."...
Author: Olivier Petitjean, Observatoire des multinationales (France)
« Les villes américaines toujours plus nombreuses à poursuivre en justice les multinationales pétrolières, dont Total », 25 janvier 2018...
Author: Richmond City Attorney & Sher Edling LLP
Part I. Introduction Part II. Parties Part III. Agency Part IV. Jurisdiction and Venue Part V. Factual Background Part VI. Causes of Action Exhibit A. Timeline
- Related stories: USA: Richmond becomes 9th city in less than a year to file climate change lawsuit against fossil fuel companies
- Related companies: Anadarko Apache BP Chevron Citgo Petroleum (part of PDVSA (Petróleos de Venezuela)) ConocoPhillips Devon Energy EnCana ExxonMobil Hess Corporation Marathon Oil Occidental Chemical (part of Occidental Petroleum) Occidental Petroleum Phillips 66 Repsol Shell Total
USA: NYC sues 5 largest oil biz over climate change contribution & takes steps for city’s pension funds to divest
Climate Action: Mayor, Comptroller, Trustees Announce First-In-The-Nation Goal to Divest From Fossil Fuels
Author: NYC government
...Mayor Bill de Blasio, Comptroller Scott M. Stringer and other trustees of the City’s $189 Billion pension funds today announced a goal to divest City funds from fossil fuel reserve owners within five years... the Mayor and Comptroller will submit a...
- Related stories: USA: New York City sues 5 largest oil companies over climate change contribution & impacts and takes steps for city’s pension funds to divest from fossil fuel companies
- Related in-depth areas: Accountability: Loss & damage, litigation, shareholder activism Latest Legal News
- Related companies: BP Chevron ConocoPhillips ExxonMobil Shell
Author: Karen Savage, Climate Liability News
New York City is suing five major oil companies, becoming the latest in a growing number of municipalities attempting to hold the industry accountable for damages caused by climate change....