Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Switzerland
Credit Suisse website: http://www.credit-suisse.com
Commentary: Multinationals' tax avoidance drives decrease in public funding and higher taxes on lower-income households
Author: Gabriel Zucman, University of California, Berkeley, in Guardian (UK)
"The desperate inequality behind global tax dodging", 8 Nov 2017...
- Related stories: Paradise Papers reveal practices of aggressive tax avoidance by multinational corporations
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on tax avoidance
- Related companies: Credit Suisse Google (part of Alphabet) HSBC
Author: Fiona Harvey, The Guardian (UK)
Some of the world's top banks are continuing to lend tens of billions for extracting the most carbon-intensive fossil fuels, according to a report of top lenders [by Rainforest Action Network, Banktrack, Sierra Club, Oilchange International.]...The...
- Related in-depth areas: Mitigation
- Related companies: Agricultural Bank of China ANZ Bank Bank of America Bank of China Bank of Montreal Bank of Nova Scotia Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ (part of Mitsubishi UFJ) Barclays BNP Paribas Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) China Construction Bank Citigroup Commonwealth Bank Crédit Agricole Credit Suisse Deutsche Bank Goldman Sachs HSBC Industrial & Commercial Bank of China ING Bank JPMorgan Chase Mizuho Financial Group Morgan Stanley National Australia Bank Natixis PNC Financial Services Royal Bank of Canada Royal Bank of Scotland Santander SMBC Nikko Securities Société Générale Standard Chartered Toronto-Dominion Bank UBS UniCredit Bulbank Wells Fargo Westpac
Norway's sovereign wealth fund will ask banks in which it has invested to disclose how their lending contributes to greenhouse gas emissions
Author: Gwladys Fouche, Thomson Reuters Foundation
Norway's $960 billion sovereign wealth fund will ask the banks in which it has invested to disclose how their lending contributes to greenhouse gas emissions, its chief executive told Reuters on Friday. The world's largest wealth fund...has in the...
Banks loan billions to oil firms allegedly exporting low-grade fuel high in pollutants, says briefing
A new BankTrack briefing raises questions about how banks are conducting human rights due diligence. In response to research by Swiss NGO Public Eye accusing Switzerland-based oil trading companies of selling blends of low-grade fuel high in...
Author: Brenna Hughes Neghaiwi, Reuters (UK)
"Swiss firms set goals to get more women into top roles", 8 Mar 2017...
Thun Group of Banks releases new Discussion Paper on implications of UN Guiding Principles for corporate & investment banking; commentaries provided
The Thun Group of Banks's new Discussion Paper aims to gain further understanding of how the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights should be applied in the banking sector. ...
Study reveals low level of human rights performance disclosure in mining, energy & financial sectors
Author: Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) & Centro Vincular-PUCV
“Shining a light on human rights: corporate human rights performance disclosure in the mining, energy and financial sectors”, 7 December 2016...