Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Switzerland
Credit Suisse website: http://www.credit-suisse.com
Author: Chris Atkins, Amnesty International
In this special episode of Amnesty TV, film maker Chris Atkins blows the lid on UK Banks’ investment in cluster bombs...Despite the UK being signed up to an international treaty banning cluster bombs, last year alone the Royal Bank of Scotland...
Response by Credit Suisse: Berne Declaration report alleges that Credit Suisse fails to fulfil corporate responsibility to respect human rights.
- Related stories: Report examines UBS & Credit Suisse's respect for human rights
- This is a response from the following companies: Credit Suisse
Author: Credit Suisse
Credit Suisse respectfully disagrees with the criticism leveled against us recently by the Swiss NGO Berne Declaration on the subject of human rights. Credit Suisse is committed to respecting human rights and strives for transparency about its strict...
- Related stories: Report examines UBS & Credit Suisse's respect for human rights
- Related companies: Credit Suisse
Author: Andreas Missbach, Fabian Jucker, Berne Declaration
Based on the work of John Ruggie, UN Special Representative on Business and Human Rights, and an analysis of financing in high-risk areas, we examined the dealings of both major Swiss banks regarding this important subject. We came to the...
Author: ActionAid, FairFood, FairPensions
[A] growing number of businesses and investors are concluding that there is a business case for viewing tax planning through a CR lens. Drivers include the increase in public scrutiny of corporate tax avoidance, and a renewed effort to tackle tax...
- Related stories: Tax avoidance "as big an issue as sweatshops" says ActionAid at launch of report on how companies can commit to "Tax Responsibility"
- Related companies: adidas Alliance Boots (part of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) Anglo American Barclays BP Bunge Cargill Credit Suisse Gap General Electric GlaxoSmithKline Glencore (now Glencore Xstrata) Google Henderson Global Investors (part of AMP Group) Kohlberg Kravis Roberts (KKR) KPMG Levi Strauss Louis Dreyfus Marks & Spencer Nike PricewaterhouseCoopers Reebok (part of adidas) Rio Tinto Vodafone
Author: Business and Human Rights Resource Centre
These are examples of significant company contributions through 16 Mar; not a comprehensive list. [refers to: Abbot, Abbott and Abbott, Aflac, American Airlines, American Eagle, American Express, Amgen, AMR, Amway, Apple, AT&T, Bank of America,...
- Related companies: American Airlines American Express Amgen AMR (see American Airlines) Amway (part of Alticor) Apple AT&T Bank of America Bank of Montreal Best Western Boeing Brookstone Caterpillar Charles Schwab Chase (part of JPMorgan Chase) Coca-Cola ConocoPhillips Cox Communications (part of Cox Enterprises) Cox Enterprises Credit Suisse DBS Bank Deutsche Bank Eli Lilly Facebook Fast Retailing Fifth Third Bank Fujitsu General Electric General Mills Goldman Sachs Google Honda JPMorgan Chase Kraft Foods Kyocera Levi Strauss MasterCard Mazda McDonald's Medtronic Merck Microsoft Mitsubishi Electric (part of Mitsubishi Group) Morgan Stanley Motorola NEC Nissan OCBC Bank Panasonic PNC Financial Services Procter & Gamble Samsung Sega Sony Sprint Nextel Starbucks Sun Life Financial TD Bank (see Toronto-Dominion Bank) Telus Toronto-Dominion Bank Toyota Twitter Uniqlo (part of Fast Retailing) UPS Verizon Visa Inc. Vonage Walmart Western Union
Author: Susan Aaronson, Professor & Ian Higham, Research Assistant - Elliott School of Intl. Affairs, George Washington Univ in Policy Innovations
...Building on years of research and multi-stakeholder dialogue, [UN Special Representative on business & human rights John] Ruggie outlined a framework and Guiding Principles to help firms “operationalize” their human rights responsibilities.....
- Related stories: Pfizer lawsuit (re Nigeria) Unocal lawsuit (re Myanmar) Yahoo! lawsuit (re China) Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: UN Secretary-General's Special Representative on business & human rights
- Related companies: Aetna Anglo American Barclays BASF BHP Billiton BP Cerrejón Coal (joint venture Anglo American, BHP Billiton, Glencore Xstrata) Cisco Systems Credit Suisse ExxonMobil Freeport-McMoRan Gap General Motors Imperial Tobacco JPMorgan Chase Mars Nestlé Novo Group Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) Pfizer Shell SNCF (Société Nationale des Chemins de Fer) Talisman Toyota Unocal (part of Chevron) Vodafone Wachovia (part of Wells Fargo) Walmart Wells Fargo Whirlpool Xstrata (part of Glencore Xstrata) Yahoo!
Author: PriceWaterhouseCoopers, Carbon Disclosure Project
In 2010, the CDP asked the world’s 500 largest public companies in the FTSE Global Equity Index Series...to demonstrate that they are taking action on climate change. This report, prepared by CDP’s global adviser, PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC),...
- Related stories: Report says carbon management becoming a "strategic business priority" - says Siemens, Deutsche Post, BASF, Bayer, Samsung top 5 firms for carbon disclosure
- Related companies: 3M A.P. Moller - Maersk ABB Abbott Laboratories Abertis Accenture ACE Group Adobe Systems AFLAC Ahold Air Liquide Air Products Akzo Nobel Allergan Allianz Allstate Alstom Amazon.com AmBev (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) América Movil American Electric Power American Express Amgen Anadarko Anglo American Anglo Platinum (part of Anglo American) AngloGold Ashanti Anheuser-Busch InBev Apache Apple Applied Materials Arcelor Mittal Archer Daniels Midland AstraZeneca AT&T Atlantia Aviva AXA BAE Systems Banco Bradesco Banco do Brasil Bank of China Bank of Montreal Bank of Nova Scotia Barclays Barrick Gold Baxter International Bayer BB&T BBVA BD (Becton, Dickinson) Beiersdorf Berkshire Hathaway Best Buy BG Group Bharti Airtel BHP Billiton BMW BNP Paribas BOC Group (part of Linde) Boeing Bouygues BP Bristol-Myers Squibb British American Tobacco British Sky Broadcasting BT Burlington Northern & Santa Fe Railway (BNSF) BYD Cadbury (part of Mondelēz International) Caisse d'Epargne Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) Canadian Natural Resources Canon Capital One Carnival Carrefour Caterpillar Cathay Pacific Central Japan Railway Centrica CEZ Charles Schwab Chesapeake Energy Cheung Kong Chevron China Construction Bank China Life Insurance China Mobile China Shenhua Energy (part of Shenhua Group) China Telecom China Unicom Chubb Group Chubu Electric Power Chunghwa Telecom Cisco Systems Citigroup CLP Holdings CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) CNP Assurances Coca-Cola Colgate-Palmolive Comcast Commonwealth Bank ConocoPhillips Corning Costco Crédit Agricole Credit Suisse CRH (Cement Roadstone Holdings) CSX CVS Daimler Danaher Danone Danske Bank DBS Bank Dell Denso Deutsche Bank Deutsche Boerse Deutsche Post Deutsche Telekom Devon Energy Diageo DirecTV Dominion Resources Dow Chemical Duke Energy E.ON East Japan Railway eBay Ecopetrol EDF Eli Lilly EMC Emerson Electric Enbridge EnCana Endesa (part of Enel) Enel Eni Entergy EOG Resources Ericsson Erste Bank der Oesterreichischen Sparkassen Exelon Express Scripts ExxonMobil FedEx Fiat Ford Fortum France Telecom (now Orange) Franklin Templeton Freeport-McMoRan Fresenius Medical Care Gap Gazprom GDF Suez (now Engie) General Dynamics General Electric General Mills Gilead Sciences GlaxoSmithKline Goldcorp Goldman Sachs Google Groupe Banque Populaire Grupo ACS H&M Halliburton Hang Seng Bank Heineken Henderson Land Hess Corporation Home Depot Hon Hai Honda Honeywell HP (Hewlett-Packard) HSBC Husky Energy Hutchison Whampoa Hyundai Corporation (part of Hyundai Group) Hyundai Group Iberdrola IBM ICICI ICL Plastics Illinois Tool Works Imperial Oil Imperial Tobacco Indian Oil Corporation Inditex Infosys ING INPEX Intel Intesa Sanpaolo Itaú-BBA ITC Jardine Matheson JFE Johnson & Johnson JPMorgan Chase Kansai Electric Power (KEPCO) KB Home KBC KDDI Kellogg Kimberly-Clark Kohl's Komatsu Korea Electric Power (KEPCO) Kraft Foods (now Kraft Heinz) Kroger Kyocera L'Oreal Larsen & Toubro Linde Lloyds TSB Lockheed Martin Loews Lowe's Lukoil LVMH Manulife Financial Marathon Oil Maroc Telecom MasterCard McDonald's McKesson Medtronic Merck Metlife Metro Group Microsoft Millea Mitsubishi Electric (part of Mitsubishi Group) Mitsubishi Group Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group Mitsui Mizuho Bank (part of Mizuho Financial Group) Monsanto Morgan Stanley Motorola MTN MTR Munich Re Naspers Group National Australia Bank National Grid National Oilwell Varco Natixis (joint venture Caisse d'Epargne & Groupe Banque Populaire) Newcrest Newmont News Corporation Nike Nintendo Nippon Mining Nippon Mining & Metals (part of Nippon Mining) Nissan Nokia Nomura Nordea Bank Norfolk Southern Northrop Grumman Novartis Novo Group Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) NTT Docomo Occidental Petroleum ONGC (Oil & Natural Gas Corporation) Oracle Panasonic PepsiCo Pernod Ricard Petrobras PetroChina (part of China National Petroleum Corporation) Pfizer PG&E Philip Morris International PNC Financial Services Posco PotashCorp PPR (formerly Pinault-Printemps-Redoute) Praxair Procter & Gamble Prudential Financial Prudential plc PTT Public Service Enterprise Group QBE Insurance Raytheon Reckitt Benckiser Reliance Industries Repsol YPF Research In Motion (now BlackBerry) Richemont Rio Tinto Roche Rosneft Royal Bank of Canada Royal Bank of Scotland Royal Philips Electronics RWE SABMiller Saint-Gobain Samsung Sanofi Santander SAP Sasol Schlumberger Schneider Electric Scottish and Southern Energy Seven & i Shell Shin Shin-Etsu Group Shinhan Bank Siemens Sime Darby Simon Property Singapore Telecommunications Société Générale Softbank Sony Southern Copper (part of Grupo México) Southwestern Energy Standard Bank Standard Chartered Staples Starbucks State Bank of India State Street Statoil Sumitomo Group Sumitomo Mitsui Banking (part of Sumitomo Group) Sun Hung Kai Properties Sun Life Financial Suncor Surgutneftegas Swiss Re Syngenta Sysco Takeda Pharmaceutical Talisman Target Tata Consultancy Services (part of Tata Group) Tata Group Teck Resources Telecom Italia Telefónica Telenor TeliaSonera Telstra Tesco Teva Pharmaceutical Texas Instruments ThyssenKrupp Time Warner TJX Tokio Marine & Nichido (part of Millea) Tokyo Electric Power (TEPCO) Toronto-Dominion Bank Toshiba Total Toyota Transcanada Transocean Tullow Oil Tyco UBS Unibail UniCredit Bulbank Unilever Union Pacific United Technologies UnitedHealth Group UPS US Bancorp Vale Veolia Environnement (formerly Vivendi) Verizon Viacom Vinci Visa Inc. Vivendi Vodafone Volkswagen Wal-Mart de Mexico Walgreen Walmart Walt Disney Waste Management Wellpoint Wells Fargo Wesfarmers Westfield Westpac Wharf Holdings Wilmar International Wipro Woolworths Group Xstrata (part of Glencore) Yahoo! YUM! Zurich