DLH (Dalhoff Larsen & Horneman)
Member of UN Global Compact
DLH website: www.dlh-group.com
Author: News (Liberia)
"Liberia: Wartime Timber Company Penalized", 16 Feb 2015...
- Related stories: Timber firm DLH stripped of sustainability certification over illegally harvested logs from Liberia
- Related companies: DLH (Dalhoff Larsen & Horneman) Oriental Timber
[PDF] The Third Pillar: Access to Judicial Remedies for Human Rights Violations by Transnational Business
Author: Gwynne Skinner, Robert McCorquodale, Olivier De Schutter & Andie Lambe
The Access to Judicial Remedy (A2JR) Project set out to identify and analyze the barriers in the United States, Canada, and Europe…The detailed mapping exercise undertaken in the development of this Report shows that States are generally not...
- Related stories: Abu Ghraib lawsuits against CACI, Titan (now L-3) Amesys lawsuit (re Libya) Anvil Mining lawsuit (re Dem. Rep. of Congo) Cambior lawsuit (re Guyana) Cape/Gencor lawsuits (re So. Africa) Chiquita lawsuits (re Colombia) Daimler lawsuit (re Argentina) DLH lawsuit (re Liberian civil war) Drummond lawsuits (re Colombia) ExxonMobil lawsuit (re Aceh) Hudbay Minerals lawsuits (re Guatemala) Monterrico Metals lawsuit (re Peru) Report analyses barriers to access judicial remedy for victims of human rights abuses by companies & makes recommendations Shell lawsuit (re Nigeria - Kiobel & Wiwa) Talisman lawsuit (re Sudan) Texaco/Chevron lawsuits (re Ecuador) The Third Pillar: Access to Judicial Remedies for Human Rights Violations by Transnational Business Unocal lawsuit (re Myanmar) Veolia & Alstom lawsuit (re Jerusalem rail project) Walmart lawsuit (re gender discrimination in USA) Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: Judicial remedies Latest Legal News Latest news on UNGPs Reports & materials launched Speeches & presentations
- Related companies: Alstom Amesys (part of Bull) Anvil Mining (part of China Minmetals) Barrick Gold Bull Cambior Cape PLC Chevron Chiquita Daimler DLH (Dalhoff Larsen & Horneman) Drummond ExxonMobil Hudbay Minerals Monterrico Metals (part of Zijin) Shell Talisman Texaco (part of Chevron) Thor Chemicals Unocal (part of Chevron) Veolia Environnement (formerly Vivendi) Veolia Transport (part of Veolia Environnement) Walmart Zijin
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource CentreCase profile: DLH lawsuit (re Liberian civil war)
[Business & Human Rights Resource Centre case profile for legal complaint filed in France against DLH (Dalhoff, Larsen and Horneman). The complaint alleges that DLH fueled the Liberian civil war by buying timber from Liberian companies that...
- Related companies: DLH (Dalhoff Larsen & Horneman)
On 11 November 2009, Global Witness and Sherpa together with Greenpeace France, Amis de la Terre and Alfred Brownell, a Liberian activist, lodged a legal complaint before the Public Prosecutor at the Court of Nantes, France, against Dalhoff, Larsen...
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
This briefing highlights reports from a range of sources about how businesses have impacted human rights, positively and negatively, in Anglophone Africa over the past year... [Headings:] Examples of the “resource curse” ...HIV/AIDS and TB...Dams:...
- Related stories: New briefing on business & human rights in Anglophone Africa, by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
- Related companies: Accor AGIP (part of Eni) Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti Barrick Gold Best Western Bridgestone Bridgestone-Firestone (part of Bridgestone) Carlson Cartier (part of Richemont) Chevron Collum Coal Mining Daimler De Beers DLH (Dalhoff Larsen & Horneman) Elf Aquitaine (now part of Total) Eni Ericsson ExxonMobil Firestone Natural Rubber (part of Bridgestone) Ford General Motors Hess Corporation Hilton Hyatt IBM InterContinental Hotels Lahmeyer Marathon Oil Marks & Spencer Mbada Diamonds (joint venture New Reclamation Group & Zimbabwe Mining Development Corporation) Microsoft MTN New Reclamation Newmont NH Hoteles Nigerian National Petroleum Company (NNPC) Rapaport Group Red Back Mining Rheinmetall Richemont SABMiller Salini Impregilo Shell Starwood Hotels Total Tullow Oil Vanco Energy Walmart Wilderness Safaris Zain Zimbabwe Mining Development Corporation (ZMDC)
[PDF] Assessing the contribution of the OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises to responsible business conduct
Author: Joris Oldenziel (SOMO), Joseph Wilde-Ramsing (SOMO) & Patricia Feeney (RAID)
This report assesses the contribution of the OECD Guidelines to responsible business conduct, sustainable development, and the resolution and reduction of conflicts between companies and communities regarding social issues, environmental concerns, and...
- Related stories: 10th OECD roundtable on corporate responsibility to focus on supply chains, human rights, environment & climate change (Paris, 30 Jun - 1 Jul) OECD Watch new report: "Assessing the contribution of the OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises to responsible business conduct"
- Related companies: ACC Capital Holdings Accor adidas Afrimex Airbus (part of EADS) Aker Kvaerner Alcoa Anglo American Anvil Mining (part of China Minmetals) ANZ Bank Ascendant Copper (now Copper Mesa Mining) Atlas Copco Avient Air Bayer BHP Billiton Botnia BP Brylane (part of Pinault Printemps-Redoute) Cabot Corporation Cermaq Chevron ConocoPhillips Continental AG Daewoo Group Das Air Cargo Delta Hess (joint venture Amerada Hess & Delta Oil) Delta Oil Dexia DLH (Dalhoff Larsen & Horneman) EADS (European Aeronautic Defence and Space) Eni ExxonMobil First Quantum Minerals G-Star George Forrest Goldcorp GSL (now G4S) Hess Corporation Intex Resources KBC KfW KOGAS (Korea Gas Corporation) Marathon Oil National Grid Nike Nutreco OM Group Oryx Natural Resources PPR (formerly Pinault-Printemps-Redoute) Ratiopharm (part of Teva Pharmaceutical) Rio Tinto Rolls-Royce plc Sandvik Shell Skanska Statoil Suez Total Toyota Tractebel (part of GDF Suez) Transco (part of National Grid) Tremalt Triumph International Tropical Farm Management Unocal (part of Chevron) Vattenfall Vedanta Resources Volkswagen Votorantim West LB Xstrata (part of Glencore)