Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in France
Author: Wina Graus, Monique Voogt & Jan Willem Langeraar, World Wildlife Fund
WWF has launched its global Power Switch! public campaign aiming to persuade the power sector to become carbon neutral...The overall goal is to stimulate the use of renewable energy sources (RES) and gas-CHP [Natural Gas-fired Combined Heat and Power]...
- Related stories: New World Wildlife Fund report reveals global failure of power sector to combat climate change
- Related companies: AES Allegheny Energy Alliant Energy Ameren American Electric Power British Energy CenterPoint Energy Chubu Electric Power Chugoku Electric Power Cinergy (now Duke Energy) CMS Energy Constellation Energy Dominion Resources DPL DTE Energy Duke Energy E.ON EDF Edison International EDP (Energias de Portugal) Electrabel Electric Power Development Company Elkraft System Endesa (part of Enel) Enel Entergy Exelon FirstEnergy Fortum FPL Group Hydro-Québec Iberdrola International Power Kansai Electric Power (KEPCO) Mirant Ontario Power Generation (OPG) PG&E PPL Progress Energy Public Service Enterprise Group RAO-UES RWE Scottish Power Shikoku Electric Power Southern Company Statkraft Tohoku Electric Power Tokyo Electric Power (TEPCO) TXU Unión Fenosa (now Gas Natural) Vattenfall Xcel Energy
Author: David Gow, Guardian [UK]
A review of the workings of the European Pollutant Emission Register, set up earlier this year, found a handful of plants operated by big companies, mainly in the chemicals and metals industries, are responsible for a large amount of air and water...
Author: Sébastien Arnoult, Libération
[Laos]: Les partisans de ce barrage...mettent surtout en avant l'espoir d'un revenu régulier pour le Laos...Les opposants craignent les conséquences écologiques et sociales [fait référence à EDF, Nam Theun 2 Power]
...Laos is coming under global scrutiny as international business groups and its communist Government debate the viability of a huge power project...The developer of the project is international consortium Nam Theun 2 Power Company (NTPC), in which...
Response by EDF: EDF did not conduct detailed enough environmental impact assessment for Nam Theun 2 dam project, says OECD Guidelines complaint by Proyecto Gato & Amis de la Terre.
- Related stories: Social & environmental impacts of Nam Theun 2 dam - French Govt. to review complaint against EDF under OECD Guidelines
- This is a response from the following companies: EDF
Author: AccountAbility & csrnetwork
The world’s largest companies have a long way to go in demonstrating accountability to their stakeholders...The top 10 companies...were: BP, Suez, Royal Dutch/Shell Group (Shell), Unilever, Carrefour, Tokyo Electric Power (TEPCO) Toyota Motor, Hewlett...
- Related stories: AccountAbility & csrnetwork rate how well the world's 100 largest companies account for their impacts on society & environment
- Related companies: AIG AmerisourceBergen Assicurazioni Generali Berkshire Hathaway Boeing BP Cardinal Carrefour China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) Costco Dai-Ichi Mutual Life Insurance E.ON EDF Freddie Mac HP (Hewlett-Packard) Kroger McKesson Nestlé Nippon Life Insurance PSA Peugeot-Citroën SBC Communications (now AT&T) Sears Shell Sinopec State Farm Insurance Suez Sumitomo Life Insurance (part of Sumitomo Group) Tokyo Electric Power (TEPCO) Toyota Tyco Unilever Vodafone Walmart