Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Italy
Supporter of Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative
Fossil fuel co.s respond to petition with Philippines Human Rights Commission on human rights & climate change impacts
Greenpeace, disaster survivors, and community organisations from the Philippines submitted a complaint to the Commission on Human Rights of the Philippines (CHR) against 47 large fossil fuel companies for "human-induced climate change" that ...
- Related stories: Fossil fuel co.s respond to petition with Philippines Human Rights Commission on human rights & climate change impacts
- This is a response from the following companies: Eni
Author: Mark Curtis, Huffington Post (UK)
"Africa’s Massive Revenue Losses From Tax Incentives", 5 Aug 2016...
Philippines: World’s largest carbon producers ordered to respond to complaint alleging human rights abuses from climate change
In September 2015, civil society groups and typhoon survivors brought a complaint before the Commission of Human Rights of the Philippines calling for an investigation into the responsibility of big fossil fuel companies for fuelling climate change...
"Secret Offshore Deals Deprive Africa of Billions in Natural Resource Dollars" - analysis of Panama Papers
Author: Will Fitzgibbon, Intl. Consortium of Investigative Journalists
"Secret Offshore Deals Deprive Africa of Billions in Natural Resource Dollars", 25 July 2016...
Nigeria: NGO report alleges major gas leakage along Agip pipeline, demands lasting action from oil company
In a recent field report, Environmental Rights Action/ Friends of the Earth Nigeria raised alarm over a major gas leakage from an underwater gas pipeline beneath Taylor Creek at Kalaba community, in the State of Bayelsa. The pipeline is operated by...
Author: Premium Times (Nigeria)
"How curious $3.3 million tax holiday to Shell, Total, Eni, is killing Nigerians – Report", 23 Feb 2016...
- Related stories: Nigeria: Report criticises Nigeria Liquefied Natural Gas & foreign shareholders for benefiting from tax breaks that could affect govt.'s ability to fund basic services
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on tax avoidance
- Related companies: Eni Shell Total