Headquarters in United Kingdom
Zambia: Govt. agencies investigate 7 multi-national mining firms over pollution of major source of drinking water
Author: Paul Shalala, The Zambian Analyst (Zambia)
"Zambia Investigates seven major mining firms for pollution", 10 Dec 2016...
Amnesty Intl. report says UK's OECD National Contact Point is failing to hold companies to account over human rights abuses
Author: Institut de recherche en droits humains (Rép. dém. du Congo)
"Transparence fiscale des multinationales: Indicateur du respect des droits économiques en RDC", 1 juin 2015...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on tax avoidance
- Related companies: Bharti Airtel Bolloré Boss Mining (part of ENRC) Bralima (part of Heineken) Chemaf (part of Shalina Group) ENRC Freeport-McMoRan G4S Gécamines Heineken Lundin Mining Millicom Orange Shalina Group Tata Group Tenke Fungurume (joint venture China Molybdenum, BHR Partners, Gécamines) Tigo (part of Millicom) Vodacom
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
'Business unusual: Mining in the aftermath of Marikana - the human rights impacts of southern Africa’s extractive sector', Feb 2015: Mining is central to the economies of southern Africa…But there is so much more that this wealth-generating industry...
- Related stories: Calls for inclusion & engagement as So. Africa hosts Investing in Mining Indaba
- Related in-depth areas: Development and poverty - an introduction Free, prior and informed consent Health & safety in the workplace Latest news on tax avoidance Mining
- Related companies: Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti Anhui Foreign Economic Construction Arcelor Mittal Collum Coal Mining De Beers ENRC Glencore Gold Fields Harmony Gold Impala Platinum Konkola Copper Mines (joint venture Vedanta Resources, Zambia Copper Investments & ZCCM Investments) Lonmin New Reclamation Och-Ziff Capital Management Palladino Holdings Rio Tinto Vale Vedanta Resources Zimbabwe Mining Development Corporation (ZMDC)
Author: Jim Arbitage, Independent (UK)
The Government must take action to prevent UK-based mining companies avoiding tax in some of the poorest parts of the world where they operate, MPs demanded today…The Business Select Committee, in a major report…said more must be done to stamp out the...
- Related stories: UK Business, Innovation and Skills Parliamentary Select Committee: Mining sector needs greater transparency & accountability
- Related companies: ENRC
In April 2014, Rights and Accountability in Development published a report, "Och-Ziff, Mugabe’s ‘Bagmen’ and the underpricing of African assets". The report raises concerns that transactions involving companies with assets in Zimbabwe and other...