Equatorial Palm Oil
Headquarters in United Kingdom
“Human Right Risk Assessment: Equatorial Palm Oil’s Palm Bay Plantation”, October 2016...
- Related companies: Equatorial Palm Oil
Liberia: NGO pilots Human Rights Risk Assessment for Equatorial Palm Oil plantation; says company has failed to respect several human rights
While piloting a methodology for Human Rights Risk Assessment (HRRA), NomoGaia evaluated the risks of one particular plantation in Liberia: The Equatorial Palm Oil (EPO) plantation owned by Malaysia’s Kuala Lumpur Kepong Berhad KLK palm oil company....
Author: Marilyn Croser, CORE Coalition & Traidcraft
…[A] small number of irresponsible UK-linked companies operating in developing countries are acting as if they are above the law, putting profit firmly before people. In doing so they also damage the reputation of responsible British companies,...
- Related stories: UK: NGO calls on govt. to implement laws to hold businesses accountable for human rights abuses abroad
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Acacia (formerly African Barrick Gold) Equatorial Palm Oil Glencore
A report by SOMO & Green Advocates sheds light on the negative human rights impacts of companies with Liberian operations
Author: Equatorial Palm Oil
We respond to...[the] allegation...[that]...Liberian President, Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, has committed to protect over 20,000 hectares of the Jogbahn clan from encroachment by Equatorial Palm Oil (EPO)...[W]e emphasise that EPO is keen to significantly...
- Related stories: Liberians oppose Equatorial Palm Oil's bid to acquire further 20,000 hectares, citing negative impacts on affected communities
- This is a response from the following companies: Equatorial Palm Oil