Headquarters in USA
Supporter of Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative
Canada: Experts predict a coming era of litigation against govt., oil & gas companies over alleged inaction on climate change
Author: Alex Ballingall, Star (Canada)
"Could governments and oil companies get sued for inaction on climate change?", 23 May 2017...
USA: Shareholders vote to make ExxonMobil more transparent about the impacts of climate change on its business
A 62 percent majority of ExxonMobil investors voted to increase transparency about climate change risks at the annual meeting of the world's largest oil company. The adopted resolution (which only gained 38 percent of shareholder support last year)...
Author: L'Obs (France)
« Climat : Tesla, Disney... Les grands patrons américains prêts à défier Trump », 2 juin 2017...
- Related stories: Retrait des Etats-Unis de l’accord de Paris: les grandes entreprises américaines critiquent la décision et réaffirment leur engagement en faveur du climat
- Related companies: Business Roundtable Chevron ExxonMobil General Electric General Motors Goldman Sachs Tesla Motors Walt Disney
Author: Dominic Rushe, The Guardian (UK)
Two of the US's biggest business leaders, Tesla founder Elon Musk and Disney's Robert Iger, have quit Trump's high-powered business advisory panel after the president pressed ahead with plans to pull out of the Paris climate accord...The two...
Author: Claus Hulverscheidt, Süddeutsche
"Wie die US-Wirtschaftsbosse für den Klimaschutz kämpfen", 2 Juni 2017...
25 American firms, including Apple, Facebook & Google urge Donald Trump not to pull out of Paris Agreement
Author: Miles Dilworth, The Independent (UK)
Twenty-five of the world's biggest corporations have made a last-minute pitch to President Donald Trump urging him not to reconsider plans to withdraw the United States from a landmark international agreement on climate change. Companies including...
- Related stories: USA to withdraw from Paris climate agreement
- Related companies: Adobe Systems Apple Blue Cross ExxonMobil Facebook Google (part of Alphabet) Hewlett-Packard (see HP) Ingersoll-Rand Intel Levi Strauss Mars Microsoft Morgan Stanley National Grid PG&E Salesforce.com Schneider Electric Shell Tesla Motors Tiffany Unilever VF Corp Walmart
Author: Matt McGrath, bbc.com, Published on: 1 June 2017
President Trump's withdrawal will make it more difficult for the world to reach the goals that it set for itself in the Paris agreement...One of the strongest voices in favour of the US staying in the Paris deal has been corporate America. Leaders of...
Author: Ed Crooks, Financial Times, Published: 28 March 2017
ExxonMobil, the largest American oil group, has written to the Trump administration urging it to keep the US in the Paris climate accord...arguing that the Paris accord is “an effective framework for addressing the risks of climate change”...[The...
Nigeria: Workers in the oil industry embark on protest action against "anti-labour practices in Mobil" following the sacking of 83 employees
Author: Segun Adebowale, The Eagle Online (Nigeria)
"Anti-labour practices in Mobil: Workers to cut 660,000bpd oil production in Nigeria", 11 May 2017...
- Related companies: ExxonMobil