Finance & Administration Associate
Fair Labor Association
- Location: Istanbul
- Rolling application
About the Fair Labor Association
The Fair Labor Association (FLA) combines the efforts of industry, civil society organizations, and colleges and universities to promote and protect workers’ rights and to improve working conditions worldwide by promoting adherence to international labor standards. The FLA is headquartered in Washington, D.C., and has offices in Geneva, Switzerland and Shanghai, China. For more information, visit www.fairlabor.org.
The Finance and Administration Associate is responsible for establishing and maintaining efficient administrative systems and procedures to support the smooth running of the operations and ensure compliance with the FLA and U.S. Federal regulations.The Finance and Administration Associate is responsible for the project accounting functions for FLA’s Turkey project office. This position also oversees certain administrative functions related to human resources, office supplies, equipment, vendor relationships, office lease management. This position has a dual reporting relationship to the DOL Turkey Project Director and the Grants Manager based in Washington, DC.
• Manage the day-to-day finance, administrative and logistic resources of the DOL Turkey office
• Under the guidance of Grants Manager ensure financial systems and controls are in place within the office
• Respond to routine inquiries related to accounting and finances
• Process administrative payables for the DOL Turkey project office, ensuring proper authorization and allocation
• In processing payables, review expenditures charged to the grant and administrative budgets, ensuring that costs are checked against budgets and are in compliance with the agreement, FLA and U.S. Federal regulations as applicable
• Administer and reconcile petty cash
• Review trip expense reports for completeness, accuracy, allowability and appropriate coding; prepare trip expense reports when requested in special circumstances; • Leads the preparation of the monthly financial reports
• Provide review and liaison role between Turkey project staff and FLA HQ regarding wire transfers to field offices and for routine vendor payments
• Prepare and submit travel advance requests according to the FLA Travel policy
• Assist in the procurement process to ensure compliance with FLA’s procurement policy and procedures; select and negotiate with local service providers, within the established financial parameters
• Provide training to new staff on finance, accounting, and administrative systems
• Monitor the subawardees to assure ongoing compliance with FLA and grants regulations under the direction of the Grants Manager
• Undertake missions to field locations to review administrative and financial arrangements and make appropriate recommendations to FLA’s implementing partners as required
• Oversee office equipment: liaison with vendors; training for staff; enter/delete/arrange new codes into machinery that is code-driven (e.g., photocopiers, phones, postage, etc);
• Oversee office supplies: ordering, inventory
• Maintain office leases and amendments
• Maintain accessible and organized vendor and personnel files compliant with DOL requirements; review Personnel Notifications for accuracy;
• Manage documentations and records, retain copies and submit the originals to HQ
• Oversee appointments and administrative formalities concerning meetings, workshops, trainings etc.
• Manage travel arrangements (car rental, flight tickets, accomodations, etc.); book staff travel, conferences and training where required
• Assist with preparation for annual independent and A-133 audits
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration;
• A minimum of three years of demonstrated experience in the accounting/finance/administrative area;
• Excellent oral, written communications, and problem solving ability;
• Excellent computer skills, including advanced Excel skills and experience with automated accounting systems;
• Cross cultural sensitivity;
• Ability to be a team player in a busy environment, often with tight deadlines;
• Knowledge of the international development funding arena desirable;
• Experience in an international organization is desirable;
• English is required.
Please send cover letter and resume to [email protected] Include FINANCE & ADMINISTRATION ASSOCIATE in the Subject line.