- Location: Brooklyn, NY
- Rolling application
WITNESS is seeking a detail-oriented and responsible Finance Associate to perform a wide range of integral fiscal and departmental duties under the direction of the Senior Finance Manager. The ideal candidate will have a keen eye for discrepancies, and impeccable professional ethics.
WITNESS trains and supports activists and citizen witnesses around the world to use video safely, ethically, and effectively to expose abuse and fight for human rights change. Since our founding in 1992, WITNESS has trained and partnered with thousands of people using video for change around the world.
● Create, process and import General Journal entries.
● Daily maintain and update Cash Flow Report.
● Reconcile accounts, subledgers, and databases to the General Ledger.
● Book payroll, deposits, online transactions, and credit card transactions as well as other sales and donations.
● Process Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable transactions, including the generation and tracking of invoices.
● Process payments, including check payments, ACH, and wire transfer payments.
● Process and reconcile expense reports (Advance Reconciliations, Credit Card Reconciliations, Reimbursement Requests).
● Prepare and transfer batches from the Concur system to Blackbaud’s Financial Edge General Ledger. Make title corrections and other adjustments as needed.
● Retrieve monthly bills and statements online, and process as needed.
● Code transactions.
● Assist with completion of all monthly, quarterly, and annual reports as well as departmental, program, project, and grant reports.
● Provide support for completion of annual Form 990.
● Support work of annual audit.
● Other duties as assigned.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: The ideal candidate will have:
● Education: o Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, or a related field.
o Knowledge of GAAP.
o High level of proficiency with the entire MS Office suite, especially Excel.
o Experience with financial accounting software.
o Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
o Exceptional interpersonal skills, flexibility, and ability to work collaboratively.
● Human Rights/Advocacy/Media/Technology:
o Strong interest, background, and/or work experience in human rights advocacy or media/technology for social change; demonstrated commitment to social justice and WITNESS’ values and mission.
● Experience in accounting, financial management, or business, preferably at a non-profit organization.
● Experience with Blackbaud Financial Edge and/or Concur.
● Finance team
● All staff
COMPENSATION: Hourly entry level rate
COMMITMENT: 3-6 months, 24 hours per week
TO APPLY: Send cover letter, resume, and contact information for 3 references to [email protected] with the subject line “Finance Associate”. APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled; early applications encouraged. Please note that due to the volume anticipated, we will not be able to respond individually to each applicant. We kindly ask that you do not send duplicate applications via mail or email, and no phone calls. Thank you.
WITNESS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. WE CAREFULLY CONSIDER APPLICANTS FOR ALL POSITIONS WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, CREED, GENDER, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY, MARITAL OR VETERAN STATUS, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, OR ANY OTHER LEGALLY PROTECTED STATUS. http://www.witness.org