Headquarters in Finland
Author: Transnational Institute
“Extractivismo y resistencia comunitaria en Honduras”, 6 de marzo de 2018...
BankTrack paper explores responsibilities of banks allegedly contributing to human rights violations through finance
In this briefing paper, BankTrack examines whether private sector banks may have contributed to adverse human rights impacts through their provision of finance. The paper explores eight cases of human rights abuses and the relationship and...
Author: Roxanna Altholz, Jorge E. Molano Rodríguez, Dan Saxon, Miguel Ángel Urbina Martínez & Liliana María Uribe Tirado, Grupo Asesor Internacional de Personas Expertas
- Related stories: Business, civic freedoms and human rights defenders: Which developments and ideas did we put in the spotlight? Honduras: 1 year since Berta Cáceres’ murder – selected materials Honduras: New report by independent experts finds evidence of collusion between co. & govt. in murder of Berta Caceres; investors & co. respond Show moreShow less
- Related companies: Desarrollos Energéticos (DESA) Finnfund FMO
Author: FMO & Finnfund
"FMO and Finnfund's initial reaction to the Gaipe report", 2 Nov 2017...
Author: Alexandra Endes, Zeit Online
Der deutsche Turbinenhersteller Voith Hydro wird das umstrittene Wasserkraftprojekt Agua Zarca in Honduras nicht mehr beliefern. Zwischen Voith Hydro und Desa, dem Betreiber von Agua Zarca, bestehen keine Vertragsverbindungen mehr. Das bestätigte das...
Author: Global Witness (United Kingdom)
In 2016, at least 200 land and environmental defenders were murdered – the deadliest year on record. Not only is this trend growing, it’s spreading – killings were dispersed across 24 countries, compared to 16 in 2015. With many killings unreported,...
- Related stories: New Global Witness report finds govts., businesses & investors are fueling violence against defenders, 200 of whom were killed in 2016
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti Axis Bank BHP Billiton BNDES Coal India (CIL) Energy Transfer Partners Finnfund FMO Glencore Jindal Los Encinos San Miguel Corporation SOCO International South Eastern Coalfields Limited (part of Coal India Limited) Vedanta Resources Yes Bank