Formula One Group
Headquarters in United Kingdom
Author: Sacha Woodward Hill, General Counsel (Formula 1)
...We are looking into the new allegations made in your letter concerning the 2017 Bahrain Grand Prix and our enquiries are ongoing. We have been assured that arrests made during the period of the Grand Prix have been solely in response to the crimes...
- Related stories: Bahrain: Rights groups address Formula 1 in letter concerning sport body's alleged links to human rights abuses during Grand Prix - company responds
- This is a response from the following companies: Formula One Group
Bahrain: Rights groups address Formula 1 in letter concerning sport body's alleged links to human rights abuses during Grand Prix - company responds
Amnesty Intl. report says UK's OECD National Contact Point is failing to hold companies to account over human rights abuses
Author: Phil Bloomer, Business & Human Rights Resource Centre & Ken Roth, Human Rights Watch in the Guardian Letters
Last week the Guardian reported that Bernie Ecclestone has indicated that Formula One will have new ownership by the end of the year and that three parties are currently interested...While these talks take place behind closed doors, we have a public...
Author: Phil Bloomer, Business & Human Rights Resource Centre on the Guardian
At the European Games in June, the president of Azerbaijan squeezed onto the podium with compatriot Ilham Zakiyev, the judo gold medal winner, for a photo that ended up in news around the world... What are the implications for this sort of...
Author: Andrew Simms, New Economics Foundation, on Guardian (UK)
"Business and climate: the hype and the reality", 17 June 2015...
Author: Mauricio Lazala et Joe Bardwell, Centre de Ressources sur les Entreprises et les Droits de l'Homme, dans Open Global Rights
... Les entreprises peuvent être un interlocuteur très important dans la protection des populations vulnérables dans les pays répressifs, en particulier là où les violations qui ont lieu sont en lien avec leur secteur d’activité et quand de grands...
Author: Mauricio Lazala & Joseph Bardwell, Business and Human Rights Resource Centre
Companies can be a powerful voice in the protection of the vulnerable in repressive countries, particularly where abuses are taking place linked to their industry and when they are major investors. Unfortunately, many companies remain unwilling to...
- Related stories: Positive action by companies to protect civic freedoms
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Positive initiatives
- Related companies: adidas BP Brilliant Earth Coca-Cola Columbia Sportswear FIFA Formula One Group Gap Goldman Sachs Google (part of Alphabet) H&M Inditex Leber Jeweler Levi Strauss Morgan Stanley Puma Tiffany Visa Group
Author: OECD Watch
"OECD Watch Quarterly Case Update", Jun 2015...