Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in USA
Cambodia: Apparel groups warn restrictions on freedom of association will make Cambodia unattractive & expensive place to do business
Author: Daphne Chen, The Phnom Penh Post (Cambodia)
"Apparel groups including H&M and Gap urge Cambodia garment industry reform, seek meeting with Hun Sen", 21 Mar 2018...
- Related stories: Cambodia: Apparel brands stand up for human rights defenders, civic freedoms & urge garment industry reform
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: ASOS Gap H&M
Commentary: Businesses must put human rights at center of efforts to achieve Sustainable Development Goals
Author: Christen Dobson & Phil Bloomer, UNA-UK
"A new bottom line", 19 Mar 2018...
Roundtable addresses need for improved corporate governance by investors, CEOs & business networks to end slavery in supply chains; incl. contribution by BHRRC
Author: Joanna Radeke and Tammi L. Coles, Corporate Knights
Slavery remains a disturbing reality of the world's labour markets. In the private sector especially, some 16 million people are enslaved – forced to work in sectors as diverse as agriculture, construction and the cosmetics industry. And while cases...
India: Report finds female migrant workers are subjected to conditions of modern slavery in factories supplying to garment brands; incl. co responses
"Labour without Liberty", a report by India Committee of the Netherlands, Clean Clothes Campaign and Garment Labour Union, looks into the living conditions in Bangalore garment factory hostels and the particular challenges migrant workers face. The...
Gap Inc. seeks to ensure the people who make our clothes are not subject to any form of exploitative labor practices, including discrimination. We are aware of the complex vulnerabilities faced by migrant workers in Southern India, and have partnered...
- This is a response from the following companies: Gap
Author: Prachi Singh, Fashion United
"Primark publishes global supplier list as it embraces transparency", 7 Feb 18...
Author: Belga, Sudinfo.be
L’enseigne de prêt-à-porter irlandaise Primark a publié la liste de ses plus de 1.000 fournisseurs, répartis dans 31 pays à travers le monde, se réjouit jeudi la plateforme Achact, qui vise à améliorer les conditions de travail des ouvriers du textile...
- Related stories: Primark publie les noms et des informations sur ses 1000 fournisseurs, des ONGs l'encouragent à également signer le Pacte pour la Transparence
- Related companies: adidas Asics C&A Esprit G-Star Raw Gap H&M Levi Strauss Marks & Spencer New Look Nike Patagonia Pentland Group Primark (part of Associated British Foods)
Author: Katie Kuehner-Hebert, Chief Executive
"Improving Emissions Targets: 'If Trump Won't Do It, We Will,' CEOs Say", 28 Oct 2017...