Headquarters in USA
Merck, Intel, Under Armour, Alliance for American Manufacturing & AFL-CIO resign from manufacturing council following President Trump's response to white supremacist violence in Charlottesville
Five members of the American Manufacturing Council resigned following President Trump's failure to quickly condemn racism and violence by white supremacists at a rally in Charlottesville. The rally was organised to protest the planned removal of a...
Author: Ethical Performance
Four large companies have signed up to the Leadership Group for Responsible Recruitment, an international business alliance campaigning to eliminate fees imposed on applicants when they take jobs. The group, which sees the charging of employees as a...
John Ruggie analyses power of multinational firms - aims to bridge gap between voluntary & binding approaches
Author: John Ruggie, Harvard University, Regulation & Governance (Australia)
"Multinationals as global institution: Power, authority and relative autonomy", 27 June 2017...
- Related companies: Alphabet Apple British American Tobacco Coca-Cola ExxonMobil General Electric Google (part of Alphabet) Microsoft Novartis Occidental Petroleum Philip Morris International Reynolds American RJ Reynolds (part of Reynolds American) Shell Sinopec Starbucks Statoil Total Toyota Unilever Walt Disney
Author: L'Obs (France)
« Climat : Tesla, Disney... Les grands patrons américains prêts à défier Trump », 2 juin 2017...
- Related stories: Retrait des Etats-Unis de l’accord de Paris: les grandes entreprises américaines critiquent la décision et réaffirment leur engagement en faveur du climat
- Related companies: Business Roundtable Chevron ExxonMobil General Electric General Motors Goldman Sachs Tesla Motors Walt Disney
Author: Claus Hulverscheidt, Süddeutsche
"Wie die US-Wirtschaftsbosse für den Klimaschutz kämpfen", 2 Juni 2017...
Author: Daniel Victor, The New York Times (USA)
Soon after President Trump announced that the United States would back out of the Paris climate accord, several large companies based in the United States that had supported the international pact said they were disappointed by the decision and would...
- Related stories: Members of US business org. IECA disagree with its stance against Paris Agreement USA to withdraw from Paris climate agreement
- Related companies: Amazon.com Apple Cargill Facebook General Electric Goldman Sachs Google (part of Alphabet) IBM Microsoft Peabody Energy Tesla Motors Twitter Uber Walt Disney
Author: Ethan Wolff-Mann, Yahoo Finance (USA)
"Here's how CEOs reacted to Trump's exit from Paris climate agreement," 1 June 2017...
Hungary: Multinational corporations only key players still silent on Orban's assault on independent academia, civil society & media
Author: Thorsten Benner & Wolfgang Reinicke in The Washington Post (USA)
"It’s time for international investors to speak up about Hungary’s assault on democracy", 18 Apr 2017...
- Related stories: Business, civic freedoms and human rights defenders: Which developments and ideas did we put in the spotlight? Hungary: Rapidly shrinking civic freedoms - what business can do
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Audi (part of Volkswagen) Daimler General Electric Volkswagen
- Related stories: Social and environmental impacts of mega coal power projects in Egypt
- This is a non response from the following companies: General Electric