Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in South Africa
Supporter of Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative
So. Africa: Mining companies set aside millions for potential settlement of gold miners’ silicosis lawsuit
Author: Kevin Crowley , Bloomberg Technology
"Anglo, Gold Miners Set Aside Millions for Lung Disease Claims", 27 Jul 2017...
Author: Defensoría del Pueblo del Perú
Se da cuenta de 179 conflictos sociales: 123 activos y 56 latentes…La mayor cantidad de conflictos sociales que se desarrollan en una sola región se ubican en los departamentos de Áncash (25 casos), Apurímac (20 casos), Cusco y Puno (15 casos cada una...
- Related in-depth areas: Chinese investment overseas Latest news on natural resources Últimas noticias sobre defensoras/es
- Related companies: Afrodita (part of Dorato Resources) Antamina (joint venture BHP Billiton, Glencore, Teck, Mitsubishi Corporation) Barrick Gold BHP Billiton Buenaventura China International Trust and Investment (CITIC) Chinalco (Aluminum Corporation of China) Consorcio Minero Horizonte Doe Run (part of Renco) Dorato Resources Duke Energy Glencore Gold Fields Grupo México Hudbay Minerals Las Bambas (part of MMG) Maurel & Prom Minas Conga (joint venture Buenaventura & Newmont) Minera Yanacocha (joint venture Newmont & Compañía de Minas Buenaventura) Minerals and Metals Group (MMG) (part of China Minmetals) Mitsubishi Group Newmont Odebrecht PeruRail Pluspetrol Renco Southern Copper (part of Grupo México) Teck Resources Transportadora de Gas del Perú (TGP) Volcán Compañía Minera
Author: Claudia Bröll, Neue Zürcher Zeitung
Die neue [Bergbau-]Charta will [...] die Besitzverhältnisse in der Minenindustrie grundlegend zugunsten der einst unterdrückten schwarzen Bevölkerung verschieben... Unternehmensvertreter, Rating-Agenturen und Rechtsexperten jedoch reagierten alarmiert...
Author: Action for Southern Africa (United Kingdom)
Anglo American South Africa (AASA) was the largest and longest established gold mining company in South Africa throughout the 20th century, operating 12 mines within its group. AASA is a wholly owned subsidiary of global mining giant Anglo American...
- Related stories: Gold miner silicosis litigation (re So. Africa) So. Africa: Court allows silicosis & tuberculosis class action lawsuits against gold mining companies So. Africa: Gold mining companies to appeal silicosis & tuberculosis class action certification Show moreShow less
- Related companies: African Rainbow Minerals Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti Gold Fields Harmony Gold
So. Africa: Settlement in silicosis class action lawsuit by mineworkers against gold mining companies expected by year-end
Author: Jade Davenport, on Mining Weekly (So. Africa)
"Settlement likely by year-end as parties in silicosis case pursue out-of-court option", 5 May 2017...
Author: Defensoría del Pueblo Perú
“Reporte de conflictos sociales No 157, marzo 2017”...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on natural resources
- Related companies: Afrodita (part of Dorato Resources) Antamina (joint venture BHP Billiton, Glencore, Teck, Mitsubishi Corporation) Barrick Gold BHP Billiton Buenaventura China Minmetals Dorato Resources Glencore Gold Fields Grupo México Grupo OHL Hudbay Minerals Las Bambas (part of MMG) Maurel & Prom Minera Yanacocha (joint venture Newmont & Compañía de Minas Buenaventura) Minerals and Metals Group (MMG) (part of China Minmetals) Mitsubishi Group Southern Copper (part of Grupo México) Teck Resources
Author: ENCA (South Africa)
"Mine worker killed in tram accident at South Deep", 16 Feb 2017...
- Related companies: Gold Fields
Gold Fields response & statement on repeal of transparency regulations under US Dodd-Frank Act section 1504
Author: Gold Fields
Gold Fields is not making a formal statement on the Congressional actions regarding SEC regulations under Dodd Frank Act Section 1504. Gold Fields remains fully committed to transparent reporting and plans to provide ever greater details of our...
- Related stories: Publish What You Pay urges oil, gas & mining firms to support US law on disclosure of payments to govts. - statements of support by 12 firms
- This is a response from the following companies: Gold Fields
Publish What You Pay urges oil, gas & mining firms to support US law on disclosure of payments to govts. - statements of support by 13 firms
Business & Human Rights Resource Centre has invited 30 companies to respond to an open letter by Publish What You Pay coalitions and several of their member NGOs. The letter urges the 30 companies to issue statements in support of disclosure by...
So. Africa: AngloGold Ashanti engages unions on plans to lay off over 800 workers; union says agreement reached to halt retrenchments
AngloGold Ashanti is reportedly engaged in talks with unions to lay off more than 800 workers at its South African operations. The National Union of Mineworkers (NUM) confirmed on Friday last week that it had received notice from AngloGold of a plan...