Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Sweden
H&M (Hennes & Mauritz) website: http://www.hm.com
Mazars & Shift launch assurance guidance to help assess companies' human rights performance & reporting
Following several years of development, Mazars and Shift launch Assurance Guidance on human rights, intended to help internal auditors and external assurance providers assess companies’ human rights performance and reporting. [refers to Citigroup, H...
Author: Elizabeth Winkler, Washington Post
"One way to make sure workers weren't abused while making your clothes," 24 August 2017...
Author: Libby Hogan, The New Daily (Australia)
"Myanmar's textile workers pay the price for Australia's fast fashion addiction", 23 July 2017...
Bangladesh Accord extended three years, strengthens protections of union organisation, health & safety protections of garment workers
Author: Garrett Brown, ScienceBlogs
"Bangladesh Accord extended three years - worker protections strengthened, proponents promote an 'alternative to standard CSR programs'", 18 Jul 2017...
- Related stories: 2 agreements to improve safety in Bangladesh garment factories launched this week: "Accord on Fire and Building Safety" and "Alliance for Bangladesh Worker Safety"
- Related companies: Associated British Foods C&A H&M Inditex KiK Primark (part of Associated British Foods) PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Tchibo
Turkey: IndustriALL Global Union intervenes with Tchibo & H&M to successfully end conflict at supplier factory
Author: IndustriALL Global Union (Switzerland)
"Turkey: Conflict resolved at sock and underwear factory", 13 Jul 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on freedom of association Latest news on human rights defenders Positive initiatives by businesses to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: H&M Tchibo
Phil Bloomer discusses the importance of business allies for human rights defenders in interview with Raoul Wallenberg Institute
Author: Malin Oud, Raoul Wallenberg Institute (Sweden)
"Human Rights Defenders Depend on Allies They Can Gain in Business", 4 Jul 2017...
- Related stories: Business, civic freedoms and human rights defenders: Which developments and ideas did we put in the spotlight?
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Positive initiatives by businesses to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: Axfood Betagro Group H&M
India: 1 in 7 women garment workers in Bangalore factories experience sexual harassment; survivors not likely to complain fearing social stigma
Author: Rohini Mohan, Scroll India
"Bengaluru garment hub’s dirty secret: Sexual harassment in the workplace", 27 Jun 2017...
Business human rights responsibility for refugees & migrant workers: Turning policies into practice in the Middle East
Author: Samentha Goethals, Joseph Bardwell, Mariam Bhacker, & Bahaa Ezzelarab, Business & Human Rights Resource Centre in Business & Human Rights Journal
...Our focus in this piece is to consider how companies have been implementing their human rights responsibility to address the risks and challenges faced by refugees and migrant workers in the Middle East, a region that is currently experiencing...
- Related in-depth areas: Construction firms & migrant workers in Qatar and UAE Syrian refugees: Abuse & exploitation in Turkish garment factories
- Related companies: Al Balagh Trading & Contracting Al Jaber Group Arcadia Group ASOS Associated British Foods BAM International (part of Royal BAM) Burberry C&A Esprit FIFA Gap Gerry Weber H&M HBK Contracting Company Inditex J&P Avax SA J.C. Penney Joannou & Paraskevaides (Overseas) KiK Larsen & Toubro LC Waikiki Lidl Liz Claiborne (part of J.C. Penney) Mexx (part of Liz Claiborne) Midmac Mothercare New Look New Yorker Next OHL Otto Porr Primark (part of Associated British Foods) River Island (part of Lewis Trust) Royal BAM s.Oliver Sainsbury's SuperGroup Tchibo Tesco VF Corp Walmart White Stuff