Holland America Line (part of Carnival)
Holland America Line website: www.hollandamerica.com
Author: Guy Dinmore, Giulia Segreti & Eleonora de Sabata, Financial Times
The parent of the cruise line whose vessel hit rocks off the Italian coast last Friday says it is launching a "comprehensive audit and review of all safety and emergency response procedures" across all its 10 cruise lines. In one of his first public...
- Related stories: Italy: Costa cruise ship runs aground, capsizes, killing 6 with 14 still missing - captain arrested, company (part of Carnival) says he made "serious errors of judgment"
- Related companies: Cunard Line (part of Carnival) Holland America Line (part of Carnival) P&O (part of Dubai World) Princess Cruises (part of Carnival)
The World's Most Ethical (WME) Companies designation recognizes companies that truly go beyond making statements about doing business "ethically" and translate those words into action. WME honorees not only promote ethical business standards and...
- Related companies: Accenture Adobe Systems AFLAC Alcoa Alyeska Pipeline American Express Applied Materials Aramark BD (Becton, Dickinson) Becton, Dickinson (see BD) Best Buy Blue Cross British Land Carnival Cisco Systems Co-operative Group Colgate-Palmolive Costco CRH (Cement Roadstone Holdings) Cummins Deere & Co (see John Deere) Eaton eBay Ecolab Electrolux EnCana Fluor Ford Freescale Semiconductor Gap GE (see General Electric) General Electric Hartford Financial Services Hasbro Henkel Henry Schein Hitachi Holland America Line (part of Carnival) Honeywell Intel International Paper John Deere Johnson Controls Juniper Networks Kao Kellogg Kesko Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants L'Oreal ManpowerGroup Marks & Spencer Marriott Microsoft Millea Milliken National Australia Bank National Grid Natura Nippon Yusen KK (see NYK Line) NiSource NYK Line NYSE Euronext OfficeMax Parsons Patagonia Paychex PepsiCo Portugal Telecom Progressive Insurance Rabobank Ricoh Royal Philips Electronics Safeway (USA) Salesforce.com SCA Schneider Electric Seabourn Cruise Line (part of Carnival) Sempra Energy Singapore Telecommunications SingTel (see Singapore Telecommunications) Sompo Japan Sonae Standard Chartered Starbucks Statoil Stonyfield Farm Stora Enso Swiss Re Symantec Target Tata Group Tata Iron and Steel (TISCO) (part of Tata Group) Tata Steel (see Tata Iron and Steel) Texas Instruments Thomson Reuters Timberland (part of VF Corp) Time Warner Tokio Marine & Nichido (part of Millea) Umicore UPS Vestas Wind Systems VF Corp Waste Management Westpac Weyerhaeuser Whole Foods Market Wipro Xerox
Author: Holland America Line
To determine the feasibility of new technology designed to dramatically reduce air emissions on seagoing vessels, Holland America Line [part of Carnival] plans on conducting a seawater scrubber feasibility project aboard one of its cruise ships......
Author: International Council of Cruise Lines
The International Council of Cruise Lines (ICCL) and Conservation International (CI) today announced a joint initiative to protect biodiversity in top cruise destinations and promote industry practices that minimize the cruise industry’s environmental...
- Related stories: Cruise industry criticised for studying rather than addressing problem of cruise ship pollution
- Related companies: Carlson Carnival Celebrity Cruises (part of Royal Caribbean Cruises) Costa Cruise Lines (part of Carnival) Crystal Cruises (part of NYK Line) Cunard Line (part of Carnival) Disney Cruise Line (part of Walt Disney) Holland America Line (part of Carnival) Norwegian Cruise Line (part of Star Cruises) NYK Line Orient Lines (part of Star Cruises) Princess Cruises (part of Carnival) Radisson Seven Seas Cruises (part of Carlson) Royal Caribbean Cruises Seabourn Cruise Line (part of Carnival) Silversea Cruises Star Cruises Walt Disney Windstar Cruises (part of Carnival)