Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in USA
HP spun off its products and services to a new company, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, in November 2015.
USA: UPS, Nestlé & Microsoft among govt. contractors questioned on human rights due diligence following involvement in travel ban restrictions
Author: NomoGaia (USA)
“Companies are Helping the US Government Keep Travelers Out: Is it Rights-Respectful?”, 17 Mar 2017...
- Related stories: Trump's second travel ban - how is business responding?
- Related companies: AT&T BAE Systems Bechtel CACI General Dynamics HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM L-3 Communications McKesson Microsoft Nestlé Northrop Grumman PAE (see Pacific Architects and Engineers) Raytheon Shanghai Automotive Industry Corporation (SAIC) Sprint United Technologies UPS Verizon
Author: iPoint-systems, on CSRwire
"Companies' Anti-Slavery Performance Improves, iPoint-funded Study Reveals", 7 Mar 2017...
Author: FastCompany News USA
"Another 31 companies have joined the amicus brief against Trump’s immigration ban", 7 February 2017...
USA: Tesla Motors & SpaceX join amicus brief against Trump's travel ban signed by more than 100 co.s
Author: Corinne Reichert, ZDNet
“Elon Musk joins tech companies against Trump's travel ban”, 7 February 2017...
Author: Gretchen Rydin, Human Rights First
"Business Community Embraces “American Ideals” in Response to Trump’s Immigration Ban", 1 February 2017...
Responsible Recruitment Gateway: Tools for companies to help eliminate recruitment fees to migrant workers
Author: Leadership Group for Responsible Recruitment
USA: 600+ investors & companies call on Trump administration to take action on climate change & low-carbon economy
Author: Daniel Brooksbank, Responsible Investor (UK)
“Top US investors and companies unite to promote low carbon future ahead of Trump inauguration”, 10 January 2017...
- Related stories: Positive action by companies to protect civic freedoms
- Related in-depth areas: Mitigation Responsible public policy USA: Trump administration actions on business & human rights
- Related companies: adidas Adobe Systems Advanced Micro Devices Allianz Boston Common Asset Mgmt. DuPont Gap General Mills Hilton HP (Hewlett-Packard) Intel Johnson & Johnson Kellogg Levi Strauss Mars Mercy Investment Services Mondelēz International Monsanto Nike PG&E Staples Starbucks Unilever
Tech giants pledge to keep children out of cobalt mines that supply smartphone and electric-car batteries
Author: Peter Whoriskey and Todd C. Frankel, Washington Post
Separate groups of the world’s leading technology companies are launching two initiatives to curb “the worst forms of child labor” and other abusive practices in the supply chain for cobalt, a key ingredient in lithium-ion batteries that power...
USA: Corporate Equality Index scores record number of companies full marks for having inclusive policies for LGBT workers