Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in USA
HP spun off its products and services to a new company, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, in November 2015.
Ranking corporate action on conflict minerals sourcing in Dem. Rep of Congo, new report by Enough Project
Author: Alasdair Wilkins, Inverse Innovation
Apple and Google have topped newly released rankings for their work ensuring the minerals used in their products don’t come from war zones...[in]...the Enough Project’s 2017 report......
Demand the supply: ranking consumer electronics and jewelry retail companies on their efforts to develop conflict-free minerals supply chains from Congo
Author: Annie Callaway, The Enough Project
The Enough Project’s 2017 conflict minerals company rankings examine 20 of the largest companies...in two of the industries which consume the most tin, tungsten, tantalum, and gold [often referred to as conflicts minerals or 3TG]: consumer electronics...
- Related stories: Ranking corporate action on conflict minerals sourcing in Dem. Rep of Congo, new report by Enough Project
- Related companies: Alphabet Apple Costco Helzberg Diamonds (part of Berkshire Hathaway) HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM Intel J.C. Penney Macy's Microsoft Neiman Marcus Panasonic Samsung Sears Signet Sony Target Tiffany Toshiba Walmart
We Mean Business NGO network & corporate partners express support for COP23 vision of a "grand coalition" to accelerate climate action
Author: We Mean Business
"Making the Paris Vision a Reality", 2 Nov 2017...
Author: Itamar Eichner, Ynetnews (Israel)
...30 Israeli companies and 60 international corporations operating in Israel received warning letters from United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights...cautioning them of their impending inclusion in a "blacklist" of companies active beyond...
- Related stories: UN creates database of companies operating in Israeli settlements in occupied West Bank & East Jerusalem
- Related companies: Africa Israel Ahava Airbnb Bank Hapoalim Bezeq Caterpillar Cellcom Israel Coca-Cola Egged Cooperative Elbit Systems HP (Hewlett-Packard) Leumi Matrix Mekorot Motorola Nesher Israel Cement Enterprises Netafim Shikun & Binui Teva Pharmaceutical TripAdvisor
Author: Kate Hodal and Peter Bengtsen, The Guardian (UK)
“Chinese factory supplying major laptop brands accused of student labour abuses” 6 October 2017...
Commentary: New model programme gives construction industry 8 pathways to achieve best practice in addressing slavery in supply chains
Author: Dr Shamir Ghumra, Ethical Corporation
"Opinion: 'We Can Tackle Modern Slavery in the Construction Industry,'" 25 September 2017...
- Related companies: HP (Hewlett-Packard)
Author: Mark Dummett, Time (US)
...[S]ome electric cars are not, currently, as ethically “clean” as manufacturers would have us believe. [A key component of the rechargeable lithium-ion batteries on which electric cars run is cobalt.] Amnesty International’s research has shown that...
- Related stories: Electro-mobility & resource governance: NGOs urge carmakers to take responsibility for social & environmental costs of electric vehicles USA: Tesla faces federal labour board complaint over alleged interference with workers' right to unionise
- Related companies: Apple HP (Hewlett-Packard) Huawei Technologies Huayou Cobalt Samsung Samsung SDI (part of Samsung) Sony