Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Spain
"...Inditex would like to note that it was not contacted by SACOM in the compilation of the report. In response, Inditex would like to...clarify some inaccuracies in the SACOM report; and to provide specific comments relating to Inditex’s approach to...
- Related stories: China: SACOM report finds workers at suppliers for Zara, H&M & Gap allegedly abused, calls on companies to improve working hours, wages & right to organise
- This is a response from the following companies: Inditex Zara (part of Inditex)
Inditex has instituted significant supply chain transparency measures to ensure that suppliers and manufacturers comply with Inditex Code of Conduct as follows...As part of the Global Framework Agreement between Inditex and IndustriALL Global Union,...
- Related stories: Facing Finance report investigates abuses by 20 companies & ties to financial institutions
- This is a response from the following companies: Inditex
KnowTheChain invited 20 apparel and footwear companies to respond to engagement questions about their policies and processes on supply chain forced labour: the responses are considered in the evaluation of each company for the KnowTheChain benchmark,....
- Related in-depth areas: KnowTheChain - Apparel and footwear company disclosure
- Related companies: Inditex
Netherlands: Businesses, govts., civil society, & financers must work together to achieve Sustainable Development Goals, says Advisory Council on Intl. Affairs
Author: Advisory Council on International Affairs
"The Dutch Diamond Dynamic: Doing Business in the Context of the New Sustainable Development Goals," 29 Jan 2016...
Author: Rina Chandran, Thompson Reuters Foundation
Three years after the Rana Plaza disaster in Bangladesh that killed more than 1,100 factory workers, the rights and safety of workers are in greater focus, but progress in fixing problems in the supply chain is slow, experts and activists say...More...
- Related stories: 3 years on from Rana Plaza building collapse in Bangladesh - little improvements in health & safety conditions Alliance for Bangladesh Workers Safety Rana Plaza two years on: Progress, but compensation and workers' rights still lacking The Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: Rana Plaza building collapse, April 2013 The Rana Plaza building collapse in Bangladesh - one year on
- Related companies: Associated British Foods C&A H&M Inditex Phillips-Van Heusen
Ahead of the third anniversary of the Rana Plaza tragedy that killed over 1000 garment workers in Bangladesh, the 2016 Australian Fashion Report has underlined the pressing need to accelerate efforts to uphold the rights of workers throughout the...
- Related stories: 3 years on from Rana Plaza building collapse in Bangladesh - little improvements in health & safety conditions
- Related companies: APG Inditex Zara (part of Inditex)
Author: Prak Chan Thul, Reuters
4 Apr 2016...