Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Spain
Author: Diario Responsable
“Estas son las empresas españolas presentes en el Índice de Sostenibilidad del Dow Jones” – 7 de septiembre de 2017...
14 international apparel brands sourcing or producing in Mexico sent a letter to the Ministry of Labour to support the recent labour reform and to express their expectation that its implementation will better protect freedom of association and...
Bangladesh Accord extended three years, strengthens protections of union organisation, health & safety protections of garment workers
Author: Garrett Brown, ScienceBlogs
"Bangladesh Accord extended three years - worker protections strengthened, proponents promote an 'alternative to standard CSR programs'", 18 Jul 2017...
- Related stories: 2 agreements to improve safety in Bangladesh garment factories launched this week: "Accord on Fire and Building Safety" and "Alliance for Bangladesh Worker Safety"
- Related companies: Associated British Foods C&A H&M Inditex KiK Primark (part of Associated British Foods) PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Tchibo
Author: Rubén Rodríguez, Economía Digital (España)
“Inditex detecta incumplimientos en uno de cada dos proveedores”, 16 de Julio de 2017...
- Related companies: Inditex
Business human rights responsibility for refugees & migrant workers: Turning policies into practice in the Middle East
Author: Samentha Goethals, Joseph Bardwell, Mariam Bhacker, & Bahaa Ezzelarab, Business & Human Rights Resource Centre in Business & Human Rights Journal
...Our focus in this piece is to consider how companies have been implementing their human rights responsibility to address the risks and challenges faced by refugees and migrant workers in the Middle East, a region that is currently experiencing...
- Related in-depth areas: Construction firms & migrant workers in Qatar and UAE Syrian refugees: Abuse & exploitation in Turkish garment factories
- Related companies: Al Balagh Trading & Contracting Al Jaber Group Arcadia Group ASOS Associated British Foods BAM International (part of Royal BAM) Burberry C&A Esprit FIFA Gap Gerry Weber H&M HBK Contracting Company Inditex J&P Avax SA J.C. Penney Joannou & Paraskevaides (Overseas) KiK Larsen & Toubro LC Waikiki Lidl Liz Claiborne (part of J.C. Penney) Mexx (part of Liz Claiborne) Midmac Mothercare New Look New Yorker Next OHL Otto Porr Primark (part of Associated British Foods) River Island (part of Lewis Trust) Royal BAM s.Oliver Sainsbury's SuperGroup Tchibo Tesco VF Corp Walmart White Stuff