Introducing UNCTAD's Intl. Investment Agreements and Investor-State Dispute Settlement databases
13:00 (BST) | 28 November - 1 December | Online
UNCTAD's upcoming webinars showcasing international investment policymaking databases:
i. International Investment Agreements (IIA) Navigator
ii. IIA Mapping Project Navigator
iii. Investor-State Dispute Settlement (ISDS) Navigator
The webinars will consist of a presentation followed by Q&A, will last approximately 45 minutes, and will be held in three different languages:
• English, Monday, 28 November 2016 at 1:00pm Geneva time (GMT+01:00)
• Spanish, Wednesday, 30 November 2016 at 1:00pm Geneva time (GMT+01:00)
• French, Thursday, 1 December 2016 at 1:00pm Geneva time (GMT+01:00)
Why are UNCTAD's IIA and ISDS Navigators useful for you?
UNCTAD's IIA and ISDS-related databases, the "Navigators", are the most comprehensive sources of information on international investment policymaking currently available.
• IIA Navigator: Allows you to browse through more than 2,600 texts of bilateral investment treaties (BITs) and other investment treaties and use advanced search to create tailored lists of IIAs, apply sophisticated filters (search by party, type of agreement, status or search treaty texts by keywords).
• IIA Mapping Project Navigator: Allows you to view detailed analysis of over 1,900 investment agreements based on 100 UNCTAD options for treaty design, showing trends in drafting over time (e.g. qualifiers for FET, the scope of the expropriation clause or ISDS).
• ISDS Navigator: Allows you to find over 700 treaty-based ISDS case summaries with the possibility to search cases by respondent country or claimant’s home country, applicable treaty, year, amount of damages, IIA breaches, arbitrators, outcome and more.
Who will benefit from the webinars?
Treaty negotiators, national investment policymakers, investment promotion agencies (IPAs), private sector representatives, academics, journalists, civil society and anybody interested in international investment policymaking.