International standards & introductory material on abduction: click here
Articles & reports from a range of sources are below.
Related stories and components
Author: Counter Currents
Prafulla Samantara, National Convener, National Alliance of Peoples’ Movements and the leader of Lokshakti Abhiyan, Orissa has been awarded The Goldman Environmental Prize, Asia, 2017. The Goldman Environmental Prize honours the achievements and...
- Related stories: Goldman Environmental Prize 2017 winners announced India: NGO alleges human rights defender who opposed Vedanta mine was attacked by persons hired by the company; company says claims are "baseless"
- Related in-depth areas: Human rights defenders Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Posco Vedanta Resources
Author: IndustriALL Global Union
“Centrales sindicales rechazan ingreso de Colombia a la OCDE”...
- Related in-depth areas: Últimas noticias - libertad de asociación
Kenya: Indigenous land rights activists face threats & abduction over work against logging & charcoal production
Author: Katy Migiro, Thomson Reuters Foundation
"Terror at midnight: abduction trauma of Kenyan woman fighting for forests", 28 Mar 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
Author: NOVACT, International Institute for Nonviolent action
“La Fuerza Invisible en Colombia. Análisis del rol y el impacto de las Empresas Militares y de Seguridad Privada (EMSP) en los derechos humanos y en el proceso de construcción de paz en Colombia”...
Author: Jesús Peña, Vanguardia (México)
“La historia de cómo Carlos Slim hundió a un pueblo”, 8 de Enero de 2017...
- Related companies: Minera Frisco
Author: Jonathan Stempel, Reuters
A U.S. appeals court on Tuesday refused to hold KBR Inc (KBR.N) liable for alleged human trafficking, in connection with the 2004 kidnapping and murder by insurgents of 12 Nepali men being transported in Iraq to work for a subcontractor at a U.S....
- Related stories: México: Retienen y agreden a líderes yaquis que se oponen a la construcción de gasoducto de Sempra Energy
- This is a non response from the following companies: Sempra Energy
Mexico & Central America: Mining and fracking linked to gang violence and forced migration, according to academic
Author: Ariadna Estévez, The Conversation
“Fracking, mining, murder: the killer agenda driving migration in Mexico and Central America”, 23 Nov 2016...
- Related companies: Desarrollos Energéticos (DESA)
Author: War on Want (UK)
On the 19 September 2016 the High Court ordered that his [Gilberto Torres] case against BP and six other related oil companies, should end with no payment of costs. It was the latest stage in Gilberto’s battle against violations of human rights and...