International standards & introductory material on arbitrary detention: click here
Articles & reports from a range of sources are below.
Related stories and components
Laos: Villagers are held incommunicado for cutting trees from land concession granted to Vietnamese company; land grabs prevalent in the country
Author: Ounkeo Souksavanh, Radio Free Asia
"Lao Land Protest Villagers Held in Failing Health", 02 November 2017...
- Related companies: Laos-Vietnam Friendship Rubber Co., Ltd (LVF)
UK High Court to hear claim over Glencore’s liability for alleged killings & injuries of protestors at Tintaya mine
Author: Amnesty Intl.
"Australian firm Canstruct takes up toxic contract profiting from the abuse of refugees", 18 October 2017...
Author: Nelton Rivera y Jerson Morales, Prensa Comunitaria (Guatemala)
“Juan Caal Suram pescador artesanal, detenido por proteger el Lago de Izabal”, 11 de Octubre de 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: Últimas noticias sobre defensoras/es
- Related companies: Compañía Guatemalteca de Níquel (CGN) (part of Solway Group)
Business & Human Rights Resource Centre asked Itochu for a response to 'Indonesia: Japanese and international NGOs call for halt to construction of coal plant in Batang, citing lack of local consent' in June 2015. Itochu provided a response in...
- Related stories: Indonesia: Japanese & intl. NGOs call for halt to construction of coal plant, citing lack of local consent
- Related in-depth areas: Tokyo 2020 Olympic and Paralympic Games
- This is a response from the following companies: Itochu
Author: Silvia Chávez González, La Jornada (México)
“Liberan a activista contra cobros excesivos de la CFE en Naucalpan”, 6 de Octubre de 2017...
- Related companies: Comisión Federal de Electricidad (CFE)
Author: UNOG Information Services, OHCHR (Switzerland)
"Report highlights rising reprisals against human rights defenders cooperating with the UN", 20 Sep 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders