International standards & introductory material on complicity: click here
Articles & reports from a range of sources are below.
Related stories and components
Author: David Medina e Luísa Monteiro, Rede Brasil do Pacto Global (Brazil)
"Diálogo franco sobre Direitos Humanos", 31 de julho de 2017...
- Related companies: Enel
Author: Access Now
... In response to media pressure, Kenyan officials have called an election shutdown “unlikely.” This is encouraging. However, Kenya has a history of post-election violence, and an outbreak could lead officials to disrupt networks if they believe it...
- Related stories: Kenyan Elections: Access Now calls on telecom companies to keep internet on
- Related in-depth areas: Digital freedom
- Related companies: Airtel Kenya Safaricom Telkom Kenya
Commentary: US Alien Tort Statute & corporate liability in Arab Bank lawsuit over alleged complicity in financing terrorism
Author: Amy Howe, SCOTUS Blog (USA)
“An introduction to the Alien Tort Statute and corporate liability: In Plain English”, 24 Jul 2017...
- Related stories: Arab Bank lawsuit (re terrorist attacks in Israel) NGOs & trade union urge US Supreme Court to provide access to justice to foreign victims in Arab Bank lawsuit over alleged complicity in financing terrorism USA: Supreme Court to decide whether corporations can be sued over complicity in human rights abuses abroad Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Arab Bank
Australia: Offshore detention centre operating company Ferrovial continues to profit from abuse of refugees & people seeking asylum on Manus Island & Nauru, says Amnesty Intl.
Author: Amnesty Intl.
"Ferrovial continues to build a fortune on refugees’ despair", 27 July 2017...
Acacia Mining faces lawsuit in UK over concerns of inadequate compensation for deaths at its Tanzania mine
Author: Jon Yeomans, The Telegraph (UK)
"Acacia Mining faces more legal claims over mine site deaths"...
Citizen Lab Director discusses how govt.s target HRDs with cyberwarfare & role of co.s in enabling these attacks
Author: Amy Goodman, Democracy Now! (USA)
"Citizen Lab's Ron Deibert Exposes How Nations Use Cyberwarfare to Target Activists & Journalists", 13 Jul 2017...
- Related stories: Mexico: Govt. allegedly uses NSO Group's anti-terrorist software to spy on journalists, activists and human rights defenders
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: NSO Group
On May 24, 2017, the country's second largest slaughter related to land conflicts for 20 years occurred in the state of Pará, according to Darcy Frigo, President of the National Council of Human Rights and coordinator of Terra de Direitos, a leading...