International standards on the death penalty: click here
Related stories and components
Author: Maya Foa, Reprieve, on Guardian (UK)
"Can big pharma stop the Arkansas mass executions?", 16 Apr 2017...
- Related stories: USA: McKesson becomes 1st company to sue US state to stop its drug being used in executions
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Fresenius Medical Care McKesson Pfizer
Bahrain: Human rights campaigners urge Formula One Group and sponsors to cancel Grand Prix over government crackdown on opposition
USA: Fresenius says Nebraska should not have been able to obtain company's drug for death penalty use
Author: Grant Schulte, AP (USA)
Company: Nebraska shouldn’t have gotten death penalty drug, 13 April 2017...
Author: Olel, Onyango, Ingutiah Advocates (Kenya)
"Lawsuit against Metal Refinery (EPZ)" [Lawsuit by and on behalf of those adversely impacted by the alleged operations of Metal Refinery (EPZ) operations. It is alleged that some died due to lead poisoning while others suffer from respiratory diseases]
- Related stories: Kenya: Metal Refinery (EPZ) sued for environmental pollution allegedly causing illness & deaths
- Related companies: Metal Refinery (EPZ)
Virgin founder Richard Branson decries human rights abuses surrounding Philippine President Duterte’s war on drugs
Author: Richard Branson, Virgin Group
“Duterte’s war on drugs is not the answer”, 4 Aug 2016...
- Related stories: Positive action by companies to protect civic freedoms
- Related in-depth areas: Positive initiatives by businesses to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: Virgin Group
Der Pharmariese Pfizer unterbindet den Einsatz seiner Medikamente bei Hinrichtungen in den USA. Für bestimmte Produkte, die bei Exekutionen mit Giftspritzen genutzt werden oder deren Nutzung von Bundesstaaten erwogen wird, gelten nach Konzernangaben...
- Related companies: Pfizer
USA: So. Carolina considers law to hide identity of firms that sell death penalty drugs to the state
Author: John Monk, The State (So. Carolina, USA)
"Controversial bill proposed to get stalled SC executions back on track", 6 Mar. 2016...
Author: Chris Green, Independent [UK]
"World's largest advertising company accused of 'whitewashing' Egypt's human rights record", 20 November 2015...
- Related companies: WPP