Related stories and components
Author: G1 PA, Belém (Brazil)
“Dez pessoas são assassinadas em fazenda no sudeste do Pará-Chacina aconteceu no município de Pau d'arco”, 24 de maio de 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: Defensores/as de direitos humanos Últimas notícias sobre defensores/as de direitos humanos
Author: Md Sanaul Islam Tipu, Tribune [Bangladesh]
A Dhaka court has framed charges against 10 accused including Rana Plaza owner Sohel Rana in a case filed over violation of Bangladesh National Building Code in the construction of Rana Plaza, which collapsed in 2013 and killed more than 1,100 people....
- Related stories: Bangladesh: Court accepts murder charges against 41 people over fatal Rana Plaza building collapse
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News Rana Plaza building collapse, April 2013
US Supreme Court asked to consider Chevron's racketeering lawsuit against lawyer acting on behalf of Ecuadorian community over oil pollution
Author: Chetna Chodhry, Times News Network
The 117 acquitted workers from Maruti Violence 2012 case have repeated the demand of reinstating them. The worker unions held a protest in Gurgaon and submitted a memorandum of their demands to the district administration...Around 546 workers were...
- Related stories: India: 13 workers sentenced to life imprisonment for violence at Maruti's plant in Manesar
- Related companies: Maruti Suzuki (part of Suzuki) Suzuki
So. Africa: More than 30 illegal miners killed from suspected methane gas explosion at disused Harmony Gold mine
Author: Graeme Hosken, Times Live (South Africa)
''We call it the zama graveyard': 4 brothers among more than 40 killed in blast", 19 May 2017...
- Related companies: Harmony Gold
Armenia: 6 killed, 52 injured in workplace accidents caused by health & safety violations in 2016, says govt.
Author: EcoLur Network (Armenia)
"Six people killed in workplace accidents in Armenia last year", 3 May 2017...
Prosecution of Lundin Petroleum board members in Sweden over alleged complicity in human rights abuses in Sudan may start early 2018
Author: Lisa Röstlund, Aftonbladet (Sweden)
"Lundin röstar om miljardersättning till Sudan", 4 May 2017...
- Related stories: Swedish prosecutors to question Lundin Petroleum's CEO for company's possible complicity in South-Sudan war crimes; company denies allegations
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Lundin Petroleum
Indonesia: Protesters accuse Asia Pulp & Paper of using Bonn Challenge to hide failure to get free and prior informed consent for projects in the region
Author: Robin Hicks, Eco-business
"Indonesian protesters dismiss Bonn Challenge as mask for APP’s ‘corporate crimes’", 11 May 2017...
- Related companies: APP (see Asia Pulp & Paper)
Myanmar: Study warns that pollution-linked premature deaths could rise to 7,000/year if 8 more coal plants are built
"Myanmar coal plant growth could kill 280,000: Study", 04 May 2017...