International standards & introductory material on displacement: click here
Articles & reports from a range of sources are below.
Related stories and components
Author: Charles Lwanga, Daily Nation (Kenya)
"Court bars KAA from paying off residents to expand Malindi airport"...
- Related in-depth areas: Land Rights & Displacements
Uganda: Chinese firm accused of land grabbing, compromising locals right to food; company denies allegations
Author: NTV (Uganda)
“Chinese firm accused of grabbing land in Mubende”...
Prosecution of Lundin Petroleum board members in Sweden over alleged complicity in human rights abuses in Sudan may start early 2018
Author: Lisa Röstlund, Aftonbladet (Sweden)
"Lundin röstar om miljardersättning till Sudan", 4 May 2017...
- Related stories: Swedish prosecutors to question Lundin Petroleum's CEO for company's possible complicity in South-Sudan war crimes; company denies allegations
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Lundin Petroleum
Indonesia: Protesters accuse Asia Pulp & Paper of using Bonn Challenge to hide failure to get free and prior informed consent for projects in the region
Author: Robin Hicks, Eco-business
"Indonesian protesters dismiss Bonn Challenge as mask for APP’s ‘corporate crimes’", 11 May 2017...
- Related companies: APP (see Asia Pulp & Paper)
Ten labourers were gunned down in southwestern Pakistan on Saturday while working on link roads to connect outlying towns to the country's $57-billion Chinese "Belt and Road" initiative, security officials confirmed. The attack on the Pakistani...
Malawi: Report on how media campaign reduced land acquisition for agribusiness at expense of peasant farmers
In Chikhwawa and Nkhotakota Districts in Malawi, there have been grave reports of land grabbing and land related conflict due to the expansion of sugarcane cultivation. LandNet Malawi conducted a successful media campaign resulting in the minimisation...
Author: Bipul Sarker Sunny, Tribune [Bangladesh]
Leaders of the National Committee to Protect Oil, Gas, Mineral Resources, Power and Ports have demanded immediate implementation of their six-point demands regarding the clash between police and people who protested the proposed Phulbari open pit coal...
- Related stories: 7 UN Special Rapporteurs say Global Coal Management's Phulbari coal project in Bangladesh threatens human rights & should not be allowed to proceed Bangladesh: Concerns over environmental & social impacts of Asia Energy/GCM Resources' Phulbari coal project Campaigners file OECD Guidelines complaint claiming GCM Resources' coal mine in Bangladesh would displace locals & deprive access to water OECD Guidelines complaint against GCM Resources over planned Bangladesh coal mine Show moreShow less
- Related companies: Asia Energy (part of GCM Resources) GCM Resources
Kenya: Journalist says environment conservation initiative depriving pastoralists of their livelihood to pave way for commercial conservancies
An investigative journalist alleges that the Northern Rangelands Trust, a Kenya-based conservation initiative, has been dispossessing pastoralists of their land and depriving them of livelihood. The Kenya Wildlife Conservancies Association has denied...
South African banks fund mining projects in southern Africa that raise issues over social, environmental, human rights impacts, says new report
Southern Africa Resource Watch, in announcing its report, South African Banks Footprint in SADC Mining Projects, said:...
Author: Dario Kenner, Why Green Economy?
"Solar and wind energy: Driver of conflict or force for peace?", May 2017...