International standards & introductory material on displacement: click here
Articles & reports from a range of sources are below.
Related stories and components
So. Africa: Kumba Iron Ore to begin mediated talks with community over relocation; company demands $120 000 from residents who are refusing to relocate
Author: Natalie Pertsovsky, East African Business News
"South Africa: Mining Company to Begin Mediation Talks With Northern Cape Community", 24 April 2017...
Corporate Legal Accountability Annual Briefing - Corporate impunity is common & remedy for victims is rare
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
This year’s Annual Briefing highlights the rising impunity of companies’ involvement in human rights abuse...Unscrupulous companies are increasingly targeting activists, using the justice system to hold them accountable, with repression and lawsuits. ...
- Related stories: New briefing on legal accountability: Corporate impunity is common & remedy for victims is rare
- Related in-depth areas: Corporate Legal Accountability Annual Briefings Latest Legal News
- Related companies: adidas Arcelor Mittal Cerrejón Coal (joint venture Anglo American, BHP Billiton, Glencore) Chiquita ConocoPhillips DJ Houghton Dow Chemical Drummond Eternit (Switzerland) ExxonMobil Ford Kappes, Cassiday & Associates KiK Lafarge (part of LafargeHolcim) LafargeHolcim Lahmeyer Mineral Commodities (MRC) Natural Fruit Nestlé Nevsun RWE Shell Socfin Tiffany Titan Cement Trafigura Beheer Union Carbide (part of Dow) Villaggio Mall Vinci
Author: Survival Intl.
- Related in-depth areas: Últimas notícias sobre defensores/as de direitos humanos
Toolkit to support mining companies in integrating child rights into impact assessments, stakeholder engagement & management systems
Mining operations often occur in the most disadvantaged areas in the world, encountering some of the most vulnerable children, with profound and diverse impacts. UNICEF research conducted in 2013-14 found that the mining sector can have both adverse...
Vietnam: Farmers demand compensation & detain police officers after violent clash over land seizure said to benefit military-run telecom firm Viettel
Author: Joshua Lipes, Radio Free Asia
"Vietnam Farmers Hold Policemen Amid Standoff Over Land Dispute", 17 April 2017...
- Related companies: Viettel Group
Tanzania: Reli Assets Holding renders elderly woman homeless after demolishing her house allegedly built on railroad reserve, company did not respond
Reli Assets Holding has demolished an elderly woman's house allegedly constructed on railway reserve area rendering her and her dependant grandchildren homeless. Amina Athumani Kwasa says she has lived in that house for many years. Reli Assets...
Liberia: Community members appeal to NGO to assist them file a lawsuit against Aures Mining; accuse company of not completing the construction of houses for relocation
Author: Cholo Brooks, Global News Network (Liberia)
"Aureus Mining Drag[ed] To Court By Aggrieved Citizens", 13 April 2017...
Nepal: Govt's hydropower plans may result in widespread human rights abuses including escalating conflicts & irreversible losses to indigenous peoples
Author: Cultural Survival Quarterly Magazine
"Nepal: Power to the people... At what cost?", Mar 2017...
Author: Aura Elena Salazar, Segundo Enfoque (Panamá)
“Pueblos originarios nativos panameños exigieron viviendas tras inundación de sus tierras”, 8 de Abril de 2017...
- Related companies: AES