Intimidation & threats
International standards on "intimidation and threats": click here
Related stories and components
Author: Organisations represented at the 2017 ASCS/APF
" Statement of the ASEAN Civil Society Conference/ASEAN People's Forum 2017", 10 November 2017...
Commentary: Indigenous communities should be heard at climate negotiations, urgently supported to defend forests
Author: Matthew Parson, HRW
"Forest Defenders Could Pave Way to a Low-Carbon Future", 6 Nov 2017...
Commentary: Governments need to address protection of environmental defenders at 2017 UN Climate Change Conference
Author: Katharina Rall, Human Rights Watch, OpenGlobalRights
"Protecting environmental defenders should be a central issue at climate talks", 31 Oct 2017...
- Related stories: Latest news on COP23 climate discussions
Swedish energy firm Vattenfall conducts “first” analysis of human rights risks of sourcing from Colombia
“New report on human rights risks in Colombia” – 07 November 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Latest news on natural resources Mitigation Positive company initiatives
- Related companies: Anglo American BHP Billiton Cerrejón Coal (joint venture Anglo American, BHP Billiton, Glencore) Colombia Natural Resources, CNR (part of Murray Energy) Drummond Glencore Prodeco (part of Glencore) Vattenfall
Techonomy Media urges tech giants to increase internet transparency for the benefit of civil society
Author: Ann Babe, Techonomy
“The Internet Under Attack Is Civil Society Under Attack”, 7 Nov 2017...
...El primero elemento a considerar es que Agua Zarca está totalmente desvinculada a cualquier acto de violencia y/o amenaza que se expresa en el reporte. La información incluida en el mencionado informe está tomada fuera de contexto y no refleja la...
- Related stories: Honduras: Investigación del Grupo Asesor Internacional de Personas Expertas vincula a DESA con el asesinato de Berta Cáceres Honduras: New report by independent experts finds evidence of collusion between co. & govt. in murder of Berta Caceres; investors & co. respond
- This is a response from the following companies: Desarrollos Energéticos (DESA)
UK High Court hears evidence in lawsuit against African Minerals over alleged complicity in killings & eviction of villagers in Sierra Leone
Author: Rebecca Ratcliffe, Guardian (UK)
" Mining company accused over deadly police crackdown in Sierra Leone ", 26 Oct 2017...