International standards on unfair trial: click here
Related stories and components
Author: Movimento dos Atingidos por Barragens-MAB (Brazil)
“Em MG, Tribunal de Justiça suspende ações contra a Samarco-Na véspera do dia Mundial da Água, crime da Samarco contra o Rio Doce é apagado pela ‘Justiça’”, 22 de março de 2017...
- Related stories: BHP Billiton & Vale lawsuit (re dam collapse in Brazil)
…Lo primero que es preciso aclarar del artículo en cuestión es que DESA en ningún momento ha presentado una demanda civil a ninguna persona por haber denunciado un crimen en particular. La demanda civil que se ha presentado ante la Justicia hondureña...
- Related stories: Honduras: 1 año del asesinato de Berta Cáceres - materiales selectos Honduras: DESA presenta demanda civil contra la defensora de derechos de las mujeres, Suyapa Martínez, por sus pronunciamientos sobre el asesinato de Berta Cáceres
- Related in-depth areas: Últimas noticias sobre defensoras/es
- This is a response from the following companies: Desarrollos Energéticos (DESA)
Cambodia: Land rights activist Tep Vanny sentenced to 2.5 years in prison over charges related to 2013 protest
Tep Vanny is one of Cambodia's most prominent land rights activists who has led numerous protests against the eviction of thousands of residents of Boeung Kak Lake in Phnom Penh....
China: Network of Chinese Human Rights Defenders highlights arrests & other threats to human rights defenders in new report
Author: Chinese Human Rights Defenders
"CHRD Releases “They Target My Human Rights Work as a Crime”: Annual Report on the Situation of Human Rights Defenders in China (2016)", 16 Feb 2017...
- Related stories: China: About 50 labour activists detained by authorities, 7 criminally detained among which 4 were charged & sentenced China: More than 300 rights lawyers detained in nationwide crackdown, including lawyers who handled cases on corporate abuses; at least 5 face formal charges
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
Author: Emgesa (parte de Enel)
Emgesa does not share the analysis of Open Democracy on the legal proceedings and, above all, the description of the proactive role played by the company. Nevertheless, the company takes the opportunity to reiterate that it looks forward to continuing...
- Related stories: Colombia: NGO OpenDemocracy’s rejoinder to Enel calling the Company to dessist in criminal case against El Quimbo Hydroelectric Project’s critic Colombia: NGOs oppose alleged criminalization of critic of Enel’s El Quimbo hydroelectric project
- This is a response from the following companies: Emgesa (part of Endesa)
Colombia: NGO rejoinder calls on Enel to drop criminal case against El Quimbo Hydroelectric Project’s critic
Based on Enel’s response to issues related to operations by Emgesa, its branch in the El Quimbo Hydroelectric project, in particular on criminal charges against university professor Miller Dussan, Democracy Center issued a rejoinder to the company’s...
The construction of El Quimbo dam by Emgesa (part of Enel), in Huila, Colombia, has allegedly displaced thousands of people depending on fishing and agriculture in a vast area of the Magdalena River, and is putting people’s livelihoods at risk. ...
Bangladesh: Apparel firms call on govt. to protect workers' rights & rectify abuses during recent protests
Author: Steering Committee members of the Accord on Fire & Building Safety
"Letter to PM Hasina on Response to Ashulia Wage Protests", 19 Jan 2017...