See also: Big Issue area on "Climate Justice".
Related stories and components
NGOs say World Bank-supported 'Enabling the Business of Agriculture' project increases profits to companies but threatens food security for local communities
Civils society organisations have called on the World Bank to stop supporting the Enabling the Business of Agriculture (EBA) project saying it "jeopardizes farmers’ right to seeds, food security, and the future of our planet." They argue that it...
Author: Béatrice Héraud, Novethic (France) (copyright: www.novethic.fr)
Le World Economic Forum s’ouvre aujourd’hui. Pendant 4 jours, 3 000 grands patrons, jeunes talents, dirigeants politiques, prix Nobel ou engagés humanitaires, se réunissent à Davos. Le thème de cette année : "Pour une politique réactive et responsable...
Malawi: Columnist questions Malawi's readiness to mitigate negative environmental & public health impacts of coal mining
Author: Peter Mmangisa Chonga, Nyasa Times (Malawi)
“Should Malawi be celebrating a coal plant?”...
- Related in-depth areas: Climate change
USA: 600+ investors & companies call on Trump administration to take action on climate change & low-carbon economy
Author: Daniel Brooksbank, Responsible Investor (UK)
“Top US investors and companies unite to promote low carbon future ahead of Trump inauguration”, 10 January 2017...
- Related stories: Positive action by companies to protect civic freedoms
- Related in-depth areas: Mitigation Responsible public policy
- Related companies: adidas Adobe Systems Advanced Micro Devices Allianz Boston Common Asset Mgmt. DuPont Gap General Mills Hilton HP (Hewlett-Packard) Intel Johnson & Johnson Kellogg Levi Strauss Mars Mercy Investment Services Mondelēz International Monsanto Nike PG&E Staples Starbucks Unilever
Author: A4ID & King's College London
"What lawyers can do about climate change", 1 Jan 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
NGO letter to US Senate Committee on Foreign Relations re nomination of Rex Tillerson as Secretary of State
Author: 16 NGOs & investor groups incl. Intl. Corporate Accountability Roundtable (ICAR), EarthRights Intl., FIDH, Global Witness, Greenpeace USA
We...write to express our strong concerns and reservations about the candidacy of Mr. Rex Tillerson as the United States Secretary of State. We urge you to use the confirmation hearings to elicit a response from Mr. Tillerson on how, if confirmed, he...