Children (issues other than child labour)
Related stories and components
- Related stories: Positive action by companies to protect civic freedoms
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Procter & Gamble
Corporate Legal Accountability Annual Briefing - Corporate impunity is common & remedy for victims is rare
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
This year’s Annual Briefing highlights the rising impunity of companies’ involvement in human rights abuse...Unscrupulous companies are increasingly targeting activists, using the justice system to hold them accountable, with repression and lawsuits. ...
- Related stories: New briefing on legal accountability: Corporate impunity is common & remedy for victims is rare
- Related in-depth areas: Corporate Legal Accountability Annual Briefings Latest Legal News
- Related companies: adidas Arcelor Mittal Cerrejón Coal (joint venture Anglo American, BHP Billiton, Glencore) Chiquita ConocoPhillips DJ Houghton Dow Chemical Drummond Eternit (Switzerland) ExxonMobil Ford Kappes, Cassiday & Associates KiK Lafarge (part of LafargeHolcim) LafargeHolcim Lahmeyer Mineral Commodities (MRC) Natural Fruit Nestlé Nevsun RWE Shell Socfin Tiffany Titan Cement Trafigura Beheer Union Carbide (part of Dow) Villaggio Mall Vinci
Author: UNICEF, Govt. of Canada, Barrick Gold
Children and young people are particularly vulnerable to the impact of security arrangements in the context of extractive activities...children may be recruited and used by private and public security or suffer other human rights violation at the...
- Related companies: Barrick Gold
Author: NewsMada (Madagascar)
« Droits de l’enfant : les entreprises, des acteurs clés », 13 avril 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on Children
Toolkit to support mining companies in integrating child rights into impact assessments, stakeholder engagement & management systems
Mining operations often occur in the most disadvantaged areas in the world, encountering some of the most vulnerable children, with profound and diverse impacts. UNICEF research conducted in 2013-14 found that the mining sector can have both adverse...
Tanzania: Reli Assets Holding renders elderly woman homeless after demolishing her house allegedly built on railroad reserve, company did not respond
Reli Assets Holding has demolished an elderly woman's house allegedly constructed on railway reserve area rendering her and her dependant grandchildren homeless. Amina Athumani Kwasa says she has lived in that house for many years. Reli Assets...
UNICEF report: Protecting children, including from economic exploitation, when climate change forces them to flee
No Place To Call Home, shines a light for the first time on the impact on children’s rights when children are forced to flee from home because of climate change.Around the world, record numbers of children are on the move – 1 in 45 children have been...
Author: Mame Woury Thioubou, Le Quotidien (Sénégal)
"Nutrition – Développement et santé : Nestlé adopte l’agenda des ODD", 1 avril 2017...
- Related companies: Nestlé