Investment, trade, globalisation
Explore categories within this category
- Intl. investment agreements & policy
- Export regulations/Export credit agencies
- Import regulations
- Project financing/loans
- Socially-responsible investing & shareholder activism
Related stories and components
Author: Sasja Beslik, Ethical Corporation (UK)
" Why Nordea’s responsible investment funds have dropped Facebook" 23 Mar 2018. ...
- Related stories: 50 million Facebook profiles of US voters harvested by data firm to aid Trump presidential campaign
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Technology and Human Rights
- Related companies: Facebook Instagram (part of Facebook) Twitter Whatsapp (part of Facebook)
UK: CORE & Amnesty Int'l UK highlight shortcomings re export promotion & human rights in submission to UN Working Group
Author: CORE Coalition & Amnesty International UK
"CORE Coalition and Amnesty International UK joint submission to the UN Working Group on Business and Human Rights: ensuring respect for human rights in the context of "economic diplomacy" and investment/trade promotion," 14 March 2018...
Colombia: Recent regulation changed nature of companies buying gold; involvement of armed actors remains a concern, according to OECD report
“Due Diligence in Colombia’s Gold Supply Chain. Where does Colombian gold go?” - January 2018...
Call for inputs: UNWG report re ensuring respect for human rights in the context of “economic diplomacy” & investment/trade promotion
As part of its ongoing focus on the need for States to safeguard human rights in the context of their roles as economic actors, the Working Group is examining the leverage of States to promote corporate respect for human rights through their trade and...