Related stories and components
Brazil & Colombia: 2 more land rights defenders killed, adding to a number of other killings of defenders in region
Author: Sebastian Ordoñez Muñoz, The Guardian (UK)
"We must honour lost land defenders by fighting the system which killed them", 02 Mar 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
Author: Béatrice Héraud, Novethic (France) (copyright: www.novethic.fr)
« Repenser l'entreprise, le pari du gouvernement pour 2018 », 5 janvier 2018...
- Related companies: Michelin
EU's proposed Multilateral Investment Court will further expand corporate privileges at the expense of human rights, says NGO report
A World Court for Corporations: How the EU Plans to Entrench and Institutionalize Investor-State Dispute Settlement
Author: CIEL, Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung, & Seattle to Brussels Network
...The European Commission...[has proposed]..a multilateral mechanism for investor-state dispute settlement (ISDS)--referred to by the Commission as a Multilateral Investment Court...The proposed global investor court threatens to lock in the highly...
- Related stories: EU's proposed Multilateral Investment Court will further expand corporate privileges at the expense of human rights, says NGO report
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on ISDS Latest news on proposed binding treaty
- Related companies: Chevron Deutsche Bank Goldcorp IBM Newcrest Vodafone
Coalition of NGOs launch online platform tracking states' legal initiatives on corporate accountability & access to remedy
Author: ICAR, ECCJ, CORE Coalition, Above Ground and Public Eye