Socially-responsible investing & shareholder activism
Related stories and components
Author: Jessica Evans
"The Record of International Financial Institutions on Business and Human Rights," 2 May 2016...
UK: Church investment fund says it will refuse to reelect directors at firms over gender & climate change concerns
Author: Angela Monaghan, The Guardian (UK)
The Church Investors Group has warned some of Britain’s biggest companies it intends to take a hard line on executive pay, gender diversity and climate change over the forthcoming annual meeting season. The group, which represents church organisations...
Author: Donna Jean Guest
"Myanmar Centre for Responsible Business - A Pioneering Country-Based Initiative," 11 April 2016 ...
- Related stories: Business & Human Rights Journal (Volume 1, Issue 2)
Author: Amol Mehra & Camille Gervais, Intl. Corporate Accountability Roundtable
“Morality & the Market"...
- Related stories: CEO of Blackrock investment firm calls on companies to make positive contributions to society
- Related companies: Amazon.com Apple BlackRock Microsoft
Author: Annabel Lee Hogg, Governance and Transparency (UK)
"It’s Time for Business to Act on Threats to Civic Rights", January 2018...
- Related stories: World Economic Forum Annual Meeting Davos 2018: Spotlight on business & human rights
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Unilever
New CEO activism: business leaders are defending rights by raising awareness & leveraging economic power
Author: Aaron K. Chatterji & Michael W. Toffel, Harvard Business Review (USA)
"The New CEO Activists", January 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders Technology and human rights - advances by business
- Related companies: 21st Century Fox Angie's List Apple CNBC (part of Comcast) Disney (see Walt Disney) Hobby Lobby IBM Lyft NBA Netflix New York Times Oracle Salesforce.com Twitter Under Armour
Author: Béatrice Héraud, Novethic (France) (copyright: www.novethic.fr)
« Blackrock, le plus puissant gestionnaire d’actifs au monde, appelle les entreprises à œuvrer pour le bien commun », 18 janvier 2018...
- Related companies: BlackRock
Sweden: Lack of investment in climate solutions by fund management co's puts Paris agreement at risk, finds report; incl. co responses
"Turning the tide - The urgent need to shift capital flows to climate solutions: A case study of ten fund management companies", a new report by Swedwatch focuses on the role of the finance sector in reallocating large capital streams towards green...
Author: Dominic Chopping, Fox Business
Norges Bank Investment Management, the arm of Norway's central bank that manages the country's $1.1 trillion oil fund, said Tuesday that it has excluded a further nine companies from the fund on ethical grounds......
- Related companies: Norges Bank Investment Management (NBIM)