Socially-responsible investing & shareholder activism
Related stories and components
Author: Larry Elliott, The Guardian (UK)
The World Bank will end its financial support for oil and gas extraction within the next two years in response to the growing threat posed by climate change. In a statement that delighted campaigners opposed to fossil fuels, the Bank used a conference...
Myanmar: Cartier stops sourcing gemstones from country in response to campaign against "genocide gems"
Author: Philip Sherwell & Jon Ungoed-Thomas, The Times (UK)
"Taint of Burma's genocide gems", 10 Dec 2017...
- Related stories: Myanmar: Business & investor responses to the Rohingya crisis
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Bulgari Cartier (part of Richemont) Richemont Tiffany Van Cleef & Arpels (part of Richemont)
Author: James Heskett, Harvard Business School (USA)
"Summing Up: What Are the Limits of CEO Activism?" 6 Sept 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: Medtronic Merck
Author: Béatrice Héraud, Novethic (France) (copyright: www.novethic.fr)
Le 12 décembre, le One Planet Summit, organisé à Paris sous l'impulsion d’Emmanuel Macron, mobilisera la finance autour des enjeux climatiques. Sur les 17 000 milliards de dollars investis chaque année, une poignée suffirait à sauver la planète....
- Related stories: France : Le One Planet Summit sur le financement de la lutte contre le changement climatique se tient à Paris du 11 au 13 décembre
- Related companies: BNP Paribas ExxonMobil HSBC
Author: Alexandra Posadzki, Globe & Mail (Canada)
“Business risk from climate change now top of mind for Canada’s corporate boards”, 22 Nov 2017...
Author: Ruth David & Fabio Benedetti Valentini, Bloomberg
"BNP Paribas says it will stop funding for tobacco industry", 24 Nov 2017...
Author: Michael Quayle & Emily Holland, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer
[Note: This piece was also published as part of the UN Forum blog series here.]...
- Related stories: UN Forum blog series
Author: Global Compact Network Canada
The Global Compact Network Canada and Global Affairs Canada hosted two workshops and a roundtable event on November 20th and 21st to launch the recent OECD guidance for the mining and financial industries... [I]ndustry leaders, investors and experts...