Access to water
International standards & introductory material on access to water: click here
Articles & reports from a range of sources are below.
Related stories and components
Honduras: Police evict camp of protesters against hydroelectric project of Hidocep; 5 people detained & released
Author: Honduras Resists
“Violent eviction in Pajuiles – 5 detained including a pregnant woman”, 15 of August 2017...
Author: Ana Maria Dima, Opendemocracy
"The other side of Europe: the exploitation of Romanian workers in the EU", 18 May 2017...
Author: Le Monde (France)
« En Colombie, des indigènes gagnent un recours contre une multinationale de charbon », 16 août 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: Dernières infos juridiques
- Related companies: Cerrejón Coal (joint venture Anglo American, BHP Billiton, Glencore)
Nigeria: 10 communities negatively impacted by oil spillage allegedly from Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation's PPMC facilities
Author: Johnbosco Agbakwuru, Vanguard (Nigeria)
"Oil spillage hits 10 Edo communities", 14 Aug 2017...
- Related companies: Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC)
Author: Tingting Deng, Guardian (UK)
"In China, the water you drink is as dangerous as the air you breathe", 2 Jun 2017...
Experts warn rise of electric cars could lead to a battery waste problem; batteries also risk giving off toxic gases
Author: Joey Gardiner, The Guardian
The drive to replace polluting petrol and diesel cars with a new breed of electric vehicles has gathered momentum in recent weeks. But there is an unanswered environmental question at the heart of the electric car movement: what on earth to do with...
- Related stories: Electro-mobility & resource governance: NGOs urge carmakers to take responsibility for social & environmental costs of electric vehicles
- Related companies: Umicore
India: Legal empowerment helped villagers confront IRB Infrastructure Developers over impact on health & livelihoods of its operations
Author: Tina Rosenberg, Solutions Journalism Network, on New York Times (USA)
"India's Barefoot Lawyers", 8 Aug 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News