International standards on protests: click here
Related stories and components
Uganda: Local farmers failure to support rice project attributed to lack of information, including by the prospective investor
The failure by local farmers to support a rice project has been blamed for failure to adequately consult the local community and provide information, including the details of the prospective private investor.
Corporate Legal Accountability Annual Briefing - Corporate impunity is common & remedy for victims is rare
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
This year’s Annual Briefing highlights the rising impunity of companies’ involvement in human rights abuse...Unscrupulous companies are increasingly targeting activists, using the justice system to hold them accountable, with repression and lawsuits. ...
- Related stories: New briefing on legal accountability: Corporate impunity is common & remedy for victims is rare
- Related in-depth areas: Corporate Legal Accountability Annual Briefings Latest Legal News
- Related companies: adidas Arcelor Mittal Cerrejón Coal (joint venture Anglo American, BHP Billiton, Glencore) Chiquita ConocoPhillips DJ Houghton Dow Chemical Drummond Eternit (Switzerland) ExxonMobil Ford Kappes, Cassiday & Associates KiK Lafarge (part of LafargeHolcim) LafargeHolcim Lahmeyer Mineral Commodities (MRC) Natural Fruit Nestlé Nevsun RWE Shell Socfin Tiffany Titan Cement Trafigura Beheer Union Carbide (part of Dow) Villaggio Mall Vinci
Author: Survival Intl.
- Related in-depth areas: Últimas notícias sobre defensores/as de direitos humanos
Brazil: On Day of the Indian Guarani leader protests for indigenous peoples rights & against persecution and violence perpetrated by agribusiness
Author: Survival Intl.
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
Vietnam: Farmers demand compensation & detain police officers after violent clash over land seizure said to benefit military-run telecom firm Viettel
Author: Joshua Lipes, Radio Free Asia
"Vietnam Farmers Hold Policemen Amid Standoff Over Land Dispute", 17 April 2017...
- Related companies: Viettel Group
Chinese construction workers building casino on Saipan protest over unpaid wages after FBI cites construction firm for illegally importing labour
Author: Farah Master, Reuters (UK)
Saipan casino workers protest for payment as FBI cites illegal labour, 14 Apr 2017...
- Related companies: China Metallurgical (MCC)
Author: Nelton Rivera, km 169 Prensa Comunitaria (Guatemala)
“Jueza Ana Leticia Peña liberó a militar acusado del asesinato del Profesor Adolfo Ich Chamán”, 6 de Abril de 2017...