John Lewis Partnership
John Lewis Partnership website: www.johnlewispartnership.co.uk
Author: Kate Hodal & Peter Bengtsen, Guardian (UK)
"John Lewis and Habitat withdraw granite worktops over slavery concerns," 3 September 2017...
Author: CORE, Anti-Slavery International, Unicef UK, Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
- Related stories: 4 short briefings released for businesses & investors on reporting requirements under UK Modern Slavery Act
- Related in-depth areas: Modern Slavery Registry powered by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
- Related companies: AB InBev UK (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) ASOS British Land British Sky Broadcasting Burberry Debenhams Experian John Lewis (part of John Lewis Partnership) John Lewis Partnership Legal & General Marks & Spencer Mothercare Nando's National Grid Nationwide Building Society Nintendo Renault Vodafone Wockhardt
Author: Ruth Wyatt, Caterer (UK)
"Calls for hospitality industry to join businesses against pregnancy in workplace discrimination", 6 Jan 2017...
Rainforest Foundation & Ethical Consumer Magazine guide ranks companies with palm oil products based on sustainability
Author: Rainforest Foundation UK
"Palm Oil Guide," Apr 2016...
- Related companies: ASDA (part of Walmart) Avon Beiersdorf Body Shop (part of L'Oréal) Boots (now Alliance Boots) Cadbury (part of Mondelēz International) Co-operative Group Colgate-Palmolive Ecover Estée Lauder Ferrero Green & Black's (part of Cadbury) Greggs Grupo Clarin Iceland (part of the Big Food Group) John Lewis Partnership Johnson & Johnson Kellogg L'Oreal Lavera Lotte E&C Lush Marks & Spencer Mars Mondelēz International Morrisons Nestlé PepsiCo Premier Foods Procter & Gamble PZ Cussons Reckitt Benckiser Revlon Sainsbury SC Johnson Tesco Thorntons Unilever United Biscuits Waitrose (part of John Lewis Partnership) Walmart Weleda
Author: Neil Atkinson, Huddersfield Daily Examiner (UK)
"Slave workforce: Kozee Sleep bed factory owner Mohammed Rafiq jailed for people trafficking after forcing Hungarians to live in squalor and work 80 hour weeks for £10", 12 Feb 2016...
Author: Tom Levitt, Guardian (UK)
"Lidl is the latest to switch to sustainable bananas. Will it make a difference?", 6 Feb 2016...
UK: Investigation finds firms split over whether to pay new "national living wage" to workers under 25
Author: Simon Neville, Independent (UK)
Firms will only have to pay the “national living wage” to staff aged 25 or over when it starts in April. Under half of top retailers have so far promised to pay all staff the same rate for the same work, regardless of age. Simon Neville reports on the...
- Related companies: Aldi Alliance Boots (part of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) Arcadia Group ASDA (part of Walmart) Associated British Foods B&Q (part of Kingfisher) BHS Debenhams H&M Inditex John Lewis Partnership Kingfisher Kohlberg Kravis Roberts (KKR) Lidl Marks & Spencer New Look Next Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Sainsbury Sports Direct Tesco Waitrose (part of John Lewis Partnership) Walmart Zara (part of Inditex)
"In work but trapped in poverty: A summary of five studies conducted by Oxfam, with updates on progress along the road to a living wage"
Author: Rachel Wilshaw, Sloane Hamilton, Julie Théroux-Séguin & Daisy Gardener, Oxfam
Oxfam believes that access to decent work on a living wage is a fundamental pathway out of poverty, and one of the best ways to counter growing inequality. This summary of recent Oxfam research paints a picture of workers, mostly women, who are...