Johnson & Johnson
Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in USA
New report calls on internet cos. to do more to fight terrorist incitement & disinformation in line with responsibility to uphold human rights
Author: NYU Stern Center for Business and Human Rights & World Economic Forum
"Harmful Content: The Role of Internet Platform Companies in Fighting Terrorist Incitement and Politically Motivated Disinformation", Nov 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Alphabet AT&T Bing (part of Microsoft) Facebook Google (part of Alphabet) Jigsaw (part of Robinson Webster Holdings) Johnson & Johnson LinkedIn (part of Microsoft) Microsoft PepsiCo Robinson Webster Signal International Skype (part of Microsoft) Twitter Walmart Whatsapp (part of Facebook) YouTube (part of Alphabet)
Author: Corynne Cirille, Racked
As the nation’s largest lobbying group, the US Chamber...spent close to $104 million on lobbying in 2016... Over the years, intense public pressure forced many corporations to take a public stance on issues like climate change, equal pay, and...
- Related stories: NGOs urge Disney, Gap, Pepsi to stop US Chamber of Commerce participation given conflict with climate promises
- Related in-depth areas: Mitigation
- Related companies: Apple Costco CVS DaimlerChrysler (now Daimler) Disney (see Walt Disney) Facebook Fox Entertainment (part of News Corporation) Gap General Mills Home Depot Johnson & Johnson Loews Merck Nike Nordstrom Pacific Gas & Electric (see PG&E) Starbucks Target Unilever Walt Disney
In March 2017, the Senate of the Philippines approved the proposed Expanded Maternity Leave Law of 2017. The proposal seeks to increase the current paid maternity leave period from sixty (60) days to one hundred twenty (120) days. Single mothers will...
Author: Nate Raymond, Reuters
"J&J ordered to pay $417 million in trial over talc cancer risks", 21 Aug 2017...
USA: President Trump disbands business councils as top executives of 3M, Campbell Soup, Johnson & Johnson & United Technologies resign
"Business councils disband over Trump remarks." ...
Merck, Intel, Under Armour, Alliance for American Manufacturing & AFL-CIO resign from manufacturing council following President Trump's response to white supremacist violence in Charlottesville
Five members of the American Manufacturing Council resigned following President Trump's failure to quickly condemn racism and violence by white supremacists at a rally in Charlottesville. The rally was organised to protest the planned removal of a...
USA: Opioids deaths lead state officials to target drug firms, following model of lawsuits against tobacco industry
Author: German Lopez, Vox (USA)
"US officials are starting to treat opioid companies like Big Tobacco — and suing them", 7 Jun 2017...