Johnson & Johnson
Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in USA
USA: New York City files lawsuit against opioid manufacturers & distributors in relation to deadly epidemic
[Also refers to Cardinal Health, Cephalon, Endo, Watson]
Author: Office of New York City Mayor
Mayor Bill de Blasio.. announced a the City had filed a lawsuit today in New York State Supreme Court to hold manufacturers and distributors of prescription opioids to account for their part in the City’s ongoing deadly opioid epidemic. The lawsuit...
Author: J. David Goodman & William Neuman, New York Times
Mayor Bill de Blasio on Tuesday announced that New York City had filed a lawsuit against the manufacturers and distributors of opioid prescription drugs, joining a national campaign to hold the companies responsible for hundreds of millions of dollars...
- Related stories: USA: New York City files lawsuit against opioid manufacturers & distributors in relation to deadly epidemic
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Allergan AmerisourceBergen Janssen Pharmaceutica (part of Johnson & Johnson) Johnson & Johnson McKesson Purdue Pharma Teva Pharmaceutical
New report calls on internet cos. to do more to fight terrorist incitement & disinformation in line with responsibility to uphold human rights
Author: NYU Stern Center for Business and Human Rights & World Economic Forum
"Harmful Content: The Role of Internet Platform Companies in Fighting Terrorist Incitement and Politically Motivated Disinformation", Nov 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Alphabet AT&T Bing (part of Microsoft) Facebook Google (part of Alphabet) Jigsaw (part of Robinson Webster Holdings) Johnson & Johnson LinkedIn (part of Microsoft) Microsoft PepsiCo Robinson Webster Signal International Skype (part of Microsoft) Twitter Walmart Whatsapp (part of Facebook) YouTube (part of Alphabet)
Author: Corynne Cirille, Racked
As the nation’s largest lobbying group, the US Chamber...spent close to $104 million on lobbying in 2016... Over the years, intense public pressure forced many corporations to take a public stance on issues like climate change, equal pay, and...
- Related stories: NGOs urge Disney, Gap, Pepsi to stop US Chamber of Commerce participation given conflict with climate promises
- Related in-depth areas: Mitigation
- Related companies: Apple Costco CVS DaimlerChrysler (now Daimler) Disney (see Walt Disney) Facebook Fox Entertainment (part of News Corporation) Gap General Mills Home Depot Johnson & Johnson Loews Merck Nike Nordstrom Pacific Gas & Electric (see PG&E) Starbucks Target Unilever Walt Disney
In March 2017, the Senate of the Philippines approved the proposed Expanded Maternity Leave Law of 2017. The proposal seeks to increase the current paid maternity leave period from sixty (60) days to one hundred twenty (120) days. Single mothers will...
Author: Nate Raymond, Reuters
"J&J ordered to pay $417 million in trial over talc cancer risks", 21 Aug 2017...