Lawsuits & regulatory action
Explore categories within this category
Related stories and components
Author: Lesley Wroughton & Timothy Gardner, Reuters
"U.S. targets South Sudan oil firms with sanctions to choke off war funds"...
Kenya: Court dismisses attempt by Bridge International Academies to bar teacher's union from discussing the company's impact on right to education
The High Court of Kenya has dismissed an application for an interim injunction by Bridge International Academies against a teachers' trade union and its Secretary General Mr Wilson Sossion. This decision follows a case filed by Bridge International...
Commentary: Mining companies cannot run afoul of US sanctions against Dan Gertler for corrupt oil & mining deals in Dem. Rep. of Congo
Author: Natasha White (Global Witness), The Hill (USA)
"Mining companies can't fall afoul of US sanctions", 18 Februery 2018...
Author: Andy Hall, migrant worker rights activist & former international affairs advisor to the Migrant Worker Rights Network (MWRN)
‘Tonight I express publicly how deeply disappointed and regretful I feel that the Thammakaset and Betagro chicken farm case controversy has been ongoing now for almost 2 years and, as the 14 former Thammakaset migrant workers from Myanmar stand a...
- Related stories: Betagro & Thammakaset lawsuits (re labour exploitation in Thailand)
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Betagro Group
Following abuses in Guatemala, Canadian NGOs propose a national human rights ombudsperson to oversee the mining sector
Author: National Observer (Canada)
“Raids, incarceration and decimated Indigenous land stains Canada's reputation in Guatemala”, 6 of December 2017...
- Related stories: Canada to create independent office to oversee mining, oil & gas companies' activities abroad
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Barrick Gold Hudbay Minerals Tahoe Resources