Lawsuits & regulatory action
Explore categories within this category
Related stories and components
Nigeria: 3 Delta communities impacted by oil spill allegedly from NPDC facilities demand $5.4 million compensation; issue 21 days ultimatum
Author: Kola Eke-Ogiugo, Leadership (Nigeria)
"3 Delta Communities Demand N1.71bn Compensation From NPDC Over Alleged Oil Spillage", 22 Feb 2017...
- Related companies: Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC)
Poor, marginalised communities face land threats from mining, infrastructure, renewable energy - secure tenure rights urgently needed
Author: Rights and Resources Initiative (USA)
From Risk and Conflict to Peace and Prosperity - The Urgency of securing Community Land Rights in a Turbulent World, Feb. 2017...
So. Africa: Northern Cape families resist Anglo American owned company's efforts to move them; demand fair compensation for their properties and loss of livelihoods
Author: Ashleigh Furlong, GroundUp
"Northern Cape families resist mining company's efforts to move them", 30 Jan 2017...
as Landgericht Essen hat die "Klimaklage" des peruanischen Bergführers und Kleinbauern Saúl Luciano Lliuya gegen RWE heute abgewiesen. Das Zivilgericht begründete dies unter anderem mit einer fehlenden "rechtlichen Kausalität", räumte aber gleichwohl...
- Related companies: RWE
Author: Le Potentiel (Rép. dém. du Congo)
"Après la RDC, First Quantum accusé de fraude par la Zambie", 29 novembre 2016...
- Related companies: First Quantum Minerals
The European Network for Central Africa (EurAc) calls on representatives of European Union (EU) Member States and of the European Parliament participating in the trilogue to revisit their copy on the establishment of the ‘White List’ of smelters and...
Danish National Contact Point to OECD heavily criticizes human rights due diligence of Danish textile company sourcing from Rana Plaza, issues recommendations
Author: Ella Skybenko & Ana Zbona, Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
Photo: Sergey Nikiforov is still serving a prison term in strict regime correctional colony...
- Related stories: Russia: Evenk indigenous community leader sentenced to 4 years in jail for opposing "Petropavlovsk" gold mining firm - shareholders respond Special Rapporteur calls on businesses to adopt zero-tolerance policy towards attacks on environmental defenders
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Petropavlovsk
UN Special Rapporteur urges Russian Govt. to investigate & take action on imprisoned indigenous rights defender's case
Author: The Special Rapporteur on the situation of human rights defenders, The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR)
[UN Special Rapporteur's letter to Russian Govt. regarding Sergey Nikiforov's case]...
- Related stories: Intl. Human Rights Defenders Day: Role of business in protecting civic freedoms & human rights defenders Russia: Evenk indigenous community leader sentenced to 4 years in jail for opposing "Petropavlovsk" gold mining firm - shareholders respond
- Related in-depth areas: Human rights defenders
- Related companies: Petropavlovsk
Author: Katrin McGauran, SOMO (Netherlands)
Today, on the European Day against Trafficking in Human Beings, we call upon all European governments to implement the 10 action points described below to ensure that trafficked persons can access their right to compensation and to remove the...