Lawsuits & regulatory action: General
Related stories and components
Author: EcoLur Network (Armenia)
"Международная финансовая корпорация группы Всемирного банка, IFC, отказалась от финансирования Амуларского проекта компании Lydian Internartional", 14 сентября 2017 года...
- Related companies: Lydian International
Author: Diario Correo
Perú: campesina Máxima Acuña demanda en Estados Unidos a gigante minera Newmont - 19 de septiembre del 2017...
- Related stories: Peru: Independent fact-finding mission’s report on Newmont’s Yanacocha conflict with Chaupe family asks the company to provide steps to reach agreement
- Related in-depth areas: Últimas noticias legales
- Related companies: Buenaventura Minera Yanacocha (joint venture Newmont & Compañía de Minas Buenaventura) Newmont
Guatemala: Court of Appeal overturns lower court ruling & orders retrial of ex-Hudbay security guard accused of killing activist
Author: Colin Perkel, Canadian Press
"Ex-Hudbay Minerals' security guard to be retried for murder in Guatemala", 15 Sep 2017...
Peruvian farmer sues Newmont in US court over alleged threats & violence to evict her from land to make way for Conga project
Turkey: Syrian refugee child labour commonplace in garment factories, agriculture & on streets, despite easier access to work permits & formal employment for adults
Author: Laura Pitel, Financial Times
A day on the factory floor with a young Syrian refugee...
- Related stories: Syrian refugees working in Turkey - vulnerable to exploitation
NGOs comment on new report of intergovernmental Working Group on private military & security companies
Author: Intl. Commission of Jurists
“UN Statement: Private Military Security Companies”...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
'Modern slavery in company operations & supply chains', a review of current legislations towards an intl. framework
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre for Intl. Trade Union Confederation
This paper sets out what leading governments are already doing to insist global business does more to eradicate modern slavery. It draws from this experience to set out how these uncoordinated actions could become a robust, and harmonised...
- Related stories: New report argues for coordinated legislative response to modern slavery from governments
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on modern slavery & forced labour